Company Name : Bergrivier Municipality
Job Title : Environmental Planning Management Officer
Closing Date : 02 March 2018
Directorate: Corporate Services
Location : Bergrivier
Website : http://www.bergmun.org.za/
Download Notification : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/10442-Enviromental.pdf
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Bergmun Environmental Planning Management Officer
** Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing, community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Related : Bergrivier Municipality External Study Bursary 2018 : www.southafricain.com/10435.html
** Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
** An appropriate 4 year B-degree (or equivalent qualification) NQF 7 in the environmental management or natural sciences field.
** Code EB Driver’s License
** Attention to detail
** Good interpersonal and communication skills
** Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
** Organised and able to keep data and workflow details up to date
** Environmental education and awareness skills
** Conflict handling and resolution skills
** Fluent, reading, writing and speaking of at least 2 of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans, English, Xhosa)
** Three 3 years applicable experience in the key performance areas
Key Performance Areas
** Manage, coordinate and ensure the implementation of effective environmental and coastal management services as contemplated in the National Environmental Management – Integrated Coastal Management Act (ICMA), the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA) and other specific Environmental Management Acts (SEMA’s) within the jurisdiction of the Bergrivier Municipal area including the implementation of EPWP Environmental Programmes and Projects within communities by compiling business plans with budgets and managing contractors and supervisors
** Ensure compliance with legislative requirements by facilitating the monitoring / performing assessments and inspections regarding air quality, water and waste water quality
** Facilitate the management of integrated land use planning to ensure sustainable management of land resources
Salary : R 299 604.00 annually (T13 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance : 01 May 2018 or as soon as possible
Enquiries : Mr W Wagener at (022) 913 6000
1. A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits applicable to the Municipality incuding a housing allowance for home owners subject to certain conditions.
2. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
3. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
4. All applicants will be subjected to police clearance with the concent of the applicant.
5. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be considered.
6. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
7. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
8. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
9. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and where necessary, write a trade test.
How To Apply
** A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 022 9136000 or on the municipality’s website .bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates, ID document, Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application form) to reach the Municipal offices, Piketberg or mailed to P O Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Me AG Louw (Manager: Human Resources) by no later than the closing date.
** No Faxes Or Electronic Applications Will Be Accepted.
** Closing Date – 15:30 ON FRIDAY, 02 MARCH 2018
Contact Address :
Adv H Linde
13 Church Street
P O BOX 60