1. Home
  2. »
  3. Facilities
  4. »
  5. westerncape.gov.za Apply for Learners Licence...
All posts from

westerncape.gov.za Apply for Learners Licence : Western Cape Government

Organisation : Western Cape Government
Head Quarters : Cape Town
Type of Facilities : Apply for Learner’s Licence

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Website : https://www.westerncape.gov.za/
Application Form : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/108-learners-licence.pdf

Western Cape Apply for Learner’s Licence

Applying for the test :
** You can get a learner’s licence for a motorcycle over 125 CCs, car, minibus, small goods vehicle or for a larger vehicle if you are older than 17 years of age.

Sponsored Links:

Related : Western Cape Government Renewing & Replacing Your Driving Licence : www.southafricain.com/103.html

** You can get a learner’s licence for a 50 CC to 125 CC motor cycle if you are 16 years or older.
** Once you have a learner’s licence, you may drive the type of vehicle for which the learner’s licence is valid.

** However, a licensed driver must accompany you at all times (except on a motorcycle).
** A learner driver may not carry another person on a motor cycle.
** A code 2 licence will allow you to drive a light motor vehicle and a code 3 will allow you to drive a heavy motor vehicle.

When you apply to write the test, you will need to take the following to your nearest traffic department :
** Your official South African identity document.
** Two ID-sized black and white or colour photographs (35mm x 45mm).
** The R68 application fee.

Note :
** Motorists must verify all personal and address particulars with any motor vehicle or driving licence transaction.
** These documents can be used as proof.

** You will also need to complete the LL1 form, which will be provided by the traffic department.
** Remember to take a pen as most traffic departments do not provide any.
** Once you have submitted your form, you will be given a date for your test.

You can only cancel this date if you are :
** Sick (you will need to provide a medical certificate).
** Attending a funeral (you will need to provide a death certificate).
** Writing exams (you will have to provide a timetable).
** The payment will not be refunded if you cancel your appointment.

** If you will not be able to make your test, make sure to cancel it as this causes a backlog in the appointment system.
** You need to pay R68 to make an appointment to write the learner’s licence test and R33 for the learner’s licence once you have passed the test.

Preparing for Your Test

** In order to pass your learner’s test, you need to study and understand the rules of the road, road markings, road signs and the controls of a vehicle.

You can study in one or more of the following ways :
** Study the K53 book, which you can buy or borrow from one our public libraries.
** When you are out and about, try to properly identify road markings and signs. Don’t be afraid to ask a driver to explain a rule or road sign.

** Go over practice test papers and mock tests that are available online.
** You must also undergo an eye test.
** A learner’s licence is valid for two years.

Contact Us

For more information contact :
Transport Administration and Licensing Helpdesk
Tel: 021 483 2080 / 2078 / 2469
Twitter: @WCGovTPW

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

South Africa Jobs, Scholarship, Contest, Admit Card, Exam © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap