|You can now ask your questions about this post.
Or answer other's questions in the comments section.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Organisation : SASSA South African Social Security Agency
Facility Name : Special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant 2020
Applicable For : Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders
Website : https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
SASSA Covid-19 Grant For Asylum Seekers
Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders who are registered on the Home Affairs database and whose Section 22 Permits are valid, or were valid on 15 March 2020 can now apply for the Special Covid-19 SRD R350 grant.
Related / Similar Facility :
SRD Asylum Seekers & Special Permit Holders Covid-19 Grant FAQs
Applicants will have to sign a declaration and consent to their information being validated and shared with other organisations and financial institutions such as SARS and banks. A detailed declaration and consent document is available on this website.
During the application process, applicants are expected to agree or disagree to this document by confirming for instance through a yes or no option.
1. a South African Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee registered on the Home Affairs database;
2. currently residing within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
3. above the age of 18;
5. not receiving any form of income;
6. not receiving any social grant;
7. not receiving an unemployment insurance benefit (UIF) and do not qualify to receive an unemployment insurance benefit;
8. not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme and other financial aid;
9. not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support; and
10. not a resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
Declaration & Consent
Please read this declaration carefully and provide the mandatory consent. Without consent your application will not be processed.
1. I hereby apply for the social relief of distress grant (‘SRD’) in terms of the Regulations made under Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002): Measures to prevent and combat the spread of COVID-19.
2. If I apply on behalf of another person (‘Applicant’), I confirm that I have the necessary authority to provide the Personal Information of and agree to this declaration and consent, on behalf of the Applicant and that I will inform the Applicant of the outcome of the Application.
3. I understand that Personal Information means information relating to me / the Applicant as an identifiable, living, natural person and includes all information supplied to SASSA in relation to my / the Applicant’s application.
4. I understand that when processing my / the Applicants Personal Information, SASSA complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No. 4 of 2013 (‘POPI Act’) and all other applicable legislation. (You may find SASSA processing practices on the SASSA website, https://www.sassa.gov.za/.)
5. I understand that the period for which my / the Applicant’s Personal Information would be held by SASSA and Institutions., is for as long as is needed to achieve the Purpose or for as long as the law requires, whichever is the longest.
6. I understand that I have a right to request access to, correction and / or deletion of my Personal Information and the Applicant has a right to access, correct and / or delete their personal information and that I and the Applicant may complain to the Information Regulator and withdraw consent.
7. I further understand that withdrawal of this consent in respect of my or the Applicant’s application will result in the cancellation of my / the Applicant’s application for or entitlement to, the SRD grant. Guidelines for these rights are available on the SASSA website, https://www.sassa.gov.za/.
8. I understand that privacy is important to SASSA and Institutions and that it and Institutions will use reasonable efforts in order to ensure that any Personal Information in its possession is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of the POPI Act.