Organization : National Traffic Information System
Service Name : Learner’s Licence Test Booking Online
Applicable For : Citizen of South Africa
Website : https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
If the above link does not open, use this link : https://web.archive.org/web/20210814001930/https://online.natis.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Do NATIS Learner’s Licence Test Booking?
Use this web page to schedule a date and time to sit for a NATIS Learner’s Licence Test or; to do a practical Driver’s Licence Test at a specific test centre.
Related / Similar Service : NATIS Driving Licence Test Online Booking
Step 1 : Visit the official website of National Traffic Information System through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, click on the “Book now for Learner’s Licence Test” link in the home page.
Step 3 : Select Your Licence Type and Category
Step 4 : Fill the application with the required details.
Step 5 : Finally click on “Submit” button to complete the registration.
NATIS Learner’s Licence Codes
** A code 2 Learner’s Licence can only be used to learn to drive a light motor vehicle and apply for a code EB or B driving licence only. You cannot use a code 2 Learner’s Licence to apply for codes C, C1, EC1 or EC and cannot learn to drive a heavy motor vehicle.
** A code 3 Learner’s Licence can be used to learn to drive any (light or heavy) motor vehicle. You can use the code 3 to apply for any motor vehicle licence. If you want to apply for a code C, C1, EC1 or EC licence you must be in possession of a valid code 3 Learner’s Licence.
You must be 18 years old on the date of the test for a code 3 Learner’s Licence. A code 3 license cannot be used to learn to drive a motorbike.
FAQ On NaTIS Online Booking
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On NaTIS Online Booking
1. When can I apply for a learner’s licence?
At the age of 16 years or older, you may obtain a code 1 learner’s licence, which will allow you to drive only
** a motor cycle type vehicle with a maximum engine capacity of 125 cc
** a moped where pedals are available to assist the engine or motor
If you are the holder of a valid code 1 learner’s licence and 18 years old or older, you may drive a motor cycle type vehicle with any engine capacity. At the age of 17 years or older you may obtain a code 2 learners licence which will allow you to drive any motor vehicle excluding
** motor cycle type vehicles
** any motor vehicle of which the tare exceeds 3 500 kg
** a bus or goods vehicle of which the gross vehicle mass exceeds 3 500 kg
** an articulated motor vehicle of which the gross combination mass exceeds 3 500 kg
At the age of 18 years or older you may apply for a code 3 learners licence which allows the driving of any motor vehicle, excluding motor cycle type vehicles.
Once you have obtained a learners licence, you may drive the type of vehicle for which the learners licence is valid, however, you must be accompanied by a driver licenced for the specific vehicle, except in the case of a motor cycle because a learner driver may not transport another person on a motor cycle.
2. Who can contact if I have a problem?
A telephone number is available on the website as well as an email address that can be used to report any difficulties or problems experienced.
3. I selected my preferred testing station but cannot get a booking for my preferred date and time.
If the date and time that you prefer is not available, it could be that it has been already allocated as the system is live or the testing station is fully booked for the date and time you prefer. You can either wait until booking timeslots become available or try a different testing station.
Some Important Information From Comments
1. I have renewed my C1 code license and PRDP in January and received my temporary PRDP, then in February I went EC test and passed, while I was waiting for C1 card, I was told that I cannot get a temporary license for EC until I receive the one I have applied for in the first place as I cannot have two temporary licenses, now my question is that, is it possible that the card will come with new Code EC?
2. I have booked and filled the application form for my drivers license PRDP and all processes were done but now when I was about to pay for my license fees I was told that I must first pay R2100 traffic fines then I can pay licence fee. Now I am stacked because of traffic fines. Now my question is my licence processed (or) not because it has been 3 month now since I renew my licence.
Error / Problem:
1. How can I register to be an outsourcer of your service hence as yet most of the province do not appear on your portal, I am here in Monsterlus under Groblersdal, I run an internet cafe locally so most of people straggle too much at our local license department. Please advice.
2. I have tried many times to book for a leaner licence still the same nothing and I don’t know how long I should keep trying because it’s been too long. Some other they want a bribe to get your leaner licence.
3. This is such a farce, there is simply no way that one can book an appointment for a learner’s licence exam. I would think with elections coming up something has to be improved to assist the public with basic requirements. How many job opportunities are lost due to the public’s inability to use the legal route to obtain licence to drive? Must we all deal with the corrupt criminals now?
Most of the commenters commented that, None of the links given in the NATIS are not working