Organization Name : SASSA South African Social Security Agency
Facility Name : Cancel Your Application
Applicable For : Individuals who are currently unemployed
Website : https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Cancel SRD SASSA Application?
If your conditions changed so that you no longer need or qualify for the SRD Special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant SASSA, you may cancel your application.
Related / Similar Service :
SASSA R350 COVID-19 SRD Grant Appeal Cut-off Date 2021
Just follow the below steps to cancel the application online.
Step 1 : Visit the official website of SASSA through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, Scroll the pages down and click on the “Cancel Online” button at the end of the page.
Step 3 : Enter the South African Id number of Applicant
Step 4 : Enter the Phone Number used to submit your Application
Step 5 : Click on the “Send Pin” button
FAQ On SRD SASSA Grant
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On SRD SASSA Grant
1. I am over 60 years, can I also apply?
If you are over 60 years, you need to apply for an Old Age Grant. This Special Covid-19 SRD grant of R350 is not payable to people over the age of 60
2. Will I get paid in the anniversary of my first payment for the next months?
Not necessarily, the validations are done monthly, depending on whether the applicant still meets the criteria, the applicant will get paid again in the following month and not necessarily on the same day he / she was paid on the previous month.
3. Can one use another person’s cell phone number to make an application?
Yes, applications will mainly be processed on the Identity number of the applicant. The cell phone number provided will be the one to which messages are sent for that applicant.
The cellphone number to receive money must have been registered in the names of the applicant.
4. SASSA Contact Centre Numbers?
National Call Centre 0800 60 10 11
5. What is the Required Information for application?
** Identity Number/Department of Home Affairs Refugee, Asylum seeker or special permit number;
** Name and Surname as captured in the ID or permit Gender and Disability;
** Contact details – Cell phone number;
** Residential Address;
** No hard copies required and no attachments required
6. Does submission of an application imply approval is guaranteed
Submission of an application is not approval. Not all applications will be approved. Every application will be tested for availability of means or income. Those applications which pass the mean test and related verifications shall be approved. It should also be noted that payment is subject to availability of funds.
Terms & Conditions
** Applications for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant are only electronic. Do not visit SASSA offices to apply for this grant. If you need assistance to apply, SASSA staff & volunteers can assist.
** Citizens without bank accounts can also apply. In this case payment will be effected through a money transfer, once all the necessary validations have been completed.
** Once applications are approved, SASSA will request confirmation of bank account through a secure site – this will also be done electronically.
** Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
Some Important Information From Comments
Error/ Problem :
1. I want to cancel my SASSA application because NSFAS finally approved my application, So I do not need SASSA anymore, and every time I go to the website, the cancel button is Grey, and not yellow, so I have a problem there.
2. I have been trying to cancel the SASSA SRD Covid-19 Grant but it shows ‘Failed’.
1. I want to cancel the SRD R350 relief grant. I am getting NSFAS also. I was not aware that I am not suppose to apply for the relief grant while receiving NSFAS. I just heard from my friend that, I am not able to get SRD R350. I did try to cancel application but it says failed. So please assist me to cancel my application.
Most of the commenters commented that, We found a job, So we want to cancel the SASSA SRD Covid-19 Grant