Organisation : Department of Basic Education
Facility Name : Matric Rewrite 2021 Registration
Applicable For : Adult learners who are 21 years
Last Date : 28.02.2021
Website : https://www.education.gov.za/Curriculum/SeniorCertificate.aspx
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is Second Chance Matric Programme?
The Second Chance Matric Programme of the Department of Basic Education provides support to learners who want to rewrite subjects. It helps them to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Senior Certificate (SC) and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate.
Related / Similar Post : DBE Matric Results 2021
Admission to the Senior Certificate
The following learners will qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate
1. Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have
** a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
** a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven). stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
** a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
2. Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
3. Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate
4. Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
5. Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC may choose to complete the NSC, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
6. Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.
How To Register For Matric Rewrite?
Candidates may register at any provincial education office (which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office) OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za. You can register to rewrite matric subjects if you want to improve your results.
Register Online : https://www.eservices.gov.za/
Documents Required For Second Chance Matric Exam
To be registered you will need to submit the following
** Completed registration form
** A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
** Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
** If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
A Senior Certificate will be achieved by an adult candidate who satisfies the following requirements in these examinations
** Pass three subjects at 40%, one of which must be an official language at Home Language level.
** Pass two subjects at 30%, one of which must be an official language at First Additional or Home Language level.
** Obtain a subminimum of 20% in the sixth subject.
FAQ On Second Chance Matric Exam
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On Second Chance Matric Exam.
1. I wrote my matric in 2013 but did not gain university exemption. I would like to rewrite some of the subjects that I failed so as to gain entry into university. Will writing the SC help me?
Yes, the SC exam certificate does offer the opportunity to enter any higher education institution.
2. I failed 2 subjects when I wrote my matric in 1999. If I write the SC examinations will I be able to combine my 1999 SC results with the SC results?
Yes you can, but keep in mind that only selected subjects are available and you have to comply with the subject choice requirements.
3. I wrote 3 subjects in the 2018 SC exams and wrote 3 more in the 2019 SC exams but on my statement of results it is written ‘incomplete’. Must I write more subjects?
Not necessarily. You have to apply for a combination of results and you have to comply with the subject choice and pass requirements.
4. I want a matric certificate but the subjects I want to offer are not on the SC Subject list. What options do I have?
Unfortunately, subjects with a practical component cannot be made available, because candidates are not receiving full time tuition.
What is the Last Date of Second Chance Matric Exam?
Registration for the 2021 exams may be done online or at any education district office; registration at district offices is already open while online registration will open from 03 November 2020. Online registration will close on 28 February 2021 and and manual registration will close on 12 March 2021.