Organisation : HSS
Facility Name : Online Housing Subsidy System
Applicable For : South Africans
Website : https://www.hssonline.gov.za/DesktopDefault.aspx
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
- 1 What is Housing Subsidy System (HSS)?
- 2 Managing User Accounts
- 3 How To Register For New User HSS Account?
- 4 How To Update HSS Account Contact Details?
- 5 Update My Subscription Details
- 6 Managing Subscription Accounts
- 7 Adding, Editing, and Deleting Subscription Account Participants
- 8 How To Edit HSS Subscription Account Settings?
- 9 Contact
- 10 Some Important Information From Comments
What is Housing Subsidy System (HSS)?
The purpose of the Housing Subsidy System (HSS) is to serve as a single point of entry to Housing Subsidy related matters for the whole of South Africa
Related / Similar Facility : HSS Submit External Searches
The portal will provide visitors access to housing statistics based on actual information derived from provincial housing databases. Registered users will gain access to live data relating their specific projects.
Managing User Accounts
Our User Administration section makes it easy for administrators to review or change information regarding a user account and its associated permission structure. Sign in with the e-mail address and password associated with the Housing Subsidy System (HSS) user account and click on the user administration link on the right hand side of the home page.
How To Register For New User HSS Account?
Users can register for a new user account on Housing Subsidy System (HSS) Online by following the link to register a user, displayed on the right-hand menu of the home page. Fill out all your personal details and click on Register. If your attempt to create a user account was successful you will be mailed a notification confirming the creation of your user account.
How To Update HSS Account Contact Details?
Users can easily update personal contact and account details on Housing Subsidy System (HSS) Online by following the link to update a user account , displayed on the right-hand menu of the home page. From here you will be presented with your contact details as well as a list that comprises out of your current role profile, these can be updated separately. In each instance you will be presented with a notification should your account be successfully updated.
NB: Please note that once you update your current role structure the requested change will be submitted for approval to your Subscriber Administrator for review and approval. You will be notified should the request be granted or denied.
Update My Subscription Details
As with personal details, Housing Subsidy System (HSS) users can easily update their associated companies and projects by following the link to update a user’s subscription. Once you click this link you will be presented with a screen with your current subscription profile comprising of the different companies that you are subscribed to if any exists.
NB: Please note that once you update your subscription the requested change will be submitted for approval to your subscriber administrator for review and approval. You will be notified should the request be granted or denied.
Managing Subscription Accounts
** Our Subscription Administration area makes it easy for administrators to review or change information regarding a subscription account or to request access to specific project information.
** Sign in with the Housing Subsidy System (HSS) e-mail address and password associated with the Subscription account and click on the Subscription Administration .
** If there is more than one Subscription associated with that e-mail address and password, specify the account that interests you. Read below for more information.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Subscription Account Participants
** Account managers can authorize individuals as members on a subscription account and authorize other individuals as subscription administrators.
** To edit the list of members associated with a subscription account, click the Members link at the top of the Subscriber Accounts management area.
** If you are editing the role of a member, be sure to click the Save Changes button when you are finished making changes.
** If you are removing a member, be sure to click the Confirm button when finished.
** You can also add an individual to the account from the Members area. Click the “Designate new member” button, enter the individual’s e-mail address, and click the “Send e-mail” button when you are finished.
** We will send an e-mail notification containing online registration instructions to each e-mail address that you designate.
** Each individual will click a special link to Housing Subsidy System (HSS) Online contained in the e-mail notification and register to participate on the subscription account.
How To Edit HSS Subscription Account Settings?
** Housing Subsidy System (HSS) Subscription Account settings can be accessed from the Subscription Accounts management area.
** An individual’s ability to edit subscription account settings depends upon his or her role in the account. Only subscription administrators can apply for access to specific project information. They are also the only ones who can edit their name on the account and assign another subscription administrator if needed.
** Be sure to click the Confirm or Save Changes button when you are finished making any changes.
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact the Housing Subsidy System (HSS) Portal Team at : 0800 146873
Some Important Information From Comments
1. I have since applied for a house in 2003 and never got it. The people, I applied before them got houses but, I am still without a house. How does that happen? Don’t you guys work on a first come first serve basis, because I think that is only fair. Things like this make us loose confidence in out government and our political parties.
2. I applied for RDP House in 2004. I am on the waiting list but, on 7th November, I received a call saying that, I must bring my documents Copy of my ID, Birth Certificate of my kids and Copy of my Payslip. When I bought all needed documents but, they said the slot is already full.
3. My husband registered for the RDP house in 2008 in Meyerton and in 2015, he went and fill out the subsidy form but, now they are saying that, he didn’t fill out the subsidy form. We don’t have any idea where and how are we going to get those form. Can anyone tell us, where to get subsidy forms?
I applied for my RDP House in 2003. My status says, “Approved” and there are new houses ready at my area but, only showrooms are occupied.There is a rumour going around that, you have to pay R10 000 to get the house, what must we do? The reason we apply for RDP is, because we don’t have money.
Most of the commenters commented,
1. That they all are applied for RDP House but, still in the waiting list.
2. They received the letter from HSS and found that the house is ready but, the status shows “STATUS NOT FOUND”.
3. They are waiting for House so many years, but have not got the house yet.
4. People who applied for House after us, have been allocated houses.