Organisation : South African Nursery Association (SANA)
Facility Name : SANA Bursary Programme 2021
Last Date : 16th April 2021
Website : https://sana.co.za/bursary-application-forms/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
SANA Bursary Programme
The Green Industry is more than just the study of Horticulture. It includes a variety of employment opportunities all related to growing things. Bursaries are available on application to students who have successfully completed all modules of their first Academic year of study.
Who Can Apply?
In order to be considered for a bursary, Horticulture and Landscaping students must have successfully completed and passed their first-year modules of study in full and have an average of over 60%. We do not provide bursaries for the practical training required for the qualification.
How to Apply?
A motivation of no less than 150 word needs to accompany all applications to be considered for a bursary. Bursary Applications can be submitted via email to elana [AT] sana.co.za or by Fax 086 580 9793
The following questions must form the basis of your motivation along with additional points
** How do you see your career in the green industry developing?
** Have you done any community volunteer work? If so, where and for how long and what was your experience of it?
** Have you been involved in the horticultural industry? If so, were you a volunteer or employed and what where the main lessons learnt through that experience?
** Have you visited any nurseries? If so, where and what would you say was the most impressionable?
** What is the distance to your nearest nursery and what is it called?
Download Application Form :
** By not giving a comprehensive motivation your application may not be considered.
** Please attach a photograph of yourself e.g. a portrait photograph, student card photo or selfie.
** All applicants must have completed and passed all first academic year subjects before their applications will be considered. All applicants may be contacted for an interview with a SANA representative in their region.
** A copy of your ID must be submitted along with your application. If additional supporting documents and ID are not attached, or the application form is not completed correctly, the application will be rejected.
Before you start, a checklist will assist you in making sure you have covered all the requirements in applying for a bursary. Please also note the following
1. The Bursary does not cover outstanding fees and the Bursary is only valid for the current academic year of study.
2. The SANA Tom Arnold Bursary Fund does not cover Registration Fees. All students will have to ensure they are fully registered with the institution before the bursary can be awarded. Other fees, i.e. practical training, accommodation, travel, allowances, and prescribed books are not covered.
3. The Bursary is paid to the institution and is only valid for study fees and not for accommodation etc.
4. In order to be considered, Horticulture and Landscaping Students must have an average of at least 60% per subject and have completed their first-year modules of study in full.
5. To be considered, all applicants are required to write a motivation letter of no less than 150 words in support of their application.
6. Please attach a photograph of yourself e.g. a portrait photograph, student card photo or selfie.
7. Please note that applications by PhD, Masters and BTech students will be reviewed on a case-bycase basis.
8. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The closing date for bursary applications for 2021 is 16 April and interviews will be held shortly thereafter.