Organization Name : SASSA South African Social Security Agency
Facility Name : Check the Status of Special Covid-19 SRD Grant R350 2021
Applicable For : Individuals who are currently unemployed
Website : https://www.sassa.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Check SRD Special Covid-19 Grant Status?
Check Status of Your Special Covid-19 SRD Grant Application
Related / Similar Service : SASSA R350 Grant For People without South African ID
SRD Grant Declined Reasons
Special Covid-19 SRD Grant Decline Reasons Explained
FAQ On SASSA SRD Grant
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) On SASSA SRD Grant
1. I have not received my payments for the approved months before April 2021,what do I do?
** Grants which have been approved remain uncollected from the Post Office, all applicants who have not received or claimed their grants to urgently contact SASSA, as they will only have until 31 August 2021 to make enquiries in respect of the previous grant from May 2020 to April 2021.
** Any applicant whose application was approved but not paid because the applicant could not be traced or the applicant did not contact SASSA to update his or her personal details, shall forfeit the money to the State after 31 August 2021
1. If we say all payments not collected by the 31 August 2021 will be forfeited
i. All unclaimed payments at SAPO will be forfeited if not collected
1.1 Does it mean that all outstanding payments will be made by 31 August 2021? Payments including
1.2 Outstanding payment will be made past the 31 August for the approved client with bank details
a) Referred applications wherein the beneficiaries have sent their updatedinformation to referred [AT] sassa.gov.za and those who have called the contactcentre to update their details but have not heard from the Agency?
i.All referred cases that have been cleared by the fraud unit, will be paid even after the 31st August.
b) Cancelled applications who requested reinstatement – approved waiting for payment date
i. Received requests for reinstatement, with the period of May 2020 to April 2021, that are approved will be paid.
c) EF70 payments that came back to SASSA but not paid into active current payment method-
i. Payments made to dormant accounts , will also be paid prior or beyond 31 August
d) Appeal – approved no payment date
i. if bank details are available, the client will be paid prior or beyond 31 August
e) Cash Send – Approved with no payment
i. If clients provides opts for different payment method, the payment will be made.
ii. Cash payments cannot be made to mobile numbers that are being shared.
iii. Those that were paid and not collected- Cash payment that have not been collected will be reconciled back to the State.
2. Can Caregivers apply?
** Care givers who are not receiving any grant on their own behalf will also be eligible to apply
** All care givers (all the child grants – CSG, CDG and FCG) can apply. They have to apply through the same channels, as with any other applicant.
** Care givers who also receive an adult grant (Old Age or Disability) will not qualify for this grant, as the state already supports them financially
** Care givers who receive grants under the system generated numbers can apply using the “7777” number – the system will accept these numbers and we will then validate against Socpen to ensure that they are current care givers
** If approved –that is if the only income they have is the child grant, then the R350 will be paid directly into the account in which they receive their child grant
Some Important Information From Comments
Error / Problem:
1. SASSA still haven’t paid two months money they owe me from last year 2021 for April and August. When I go check it shows that, the funds ain’t a available but my status shows approved with date so, what am I to do and will I receive the outstanding balance?
2. l applied for the SRD grant and it was approved for the last three months but I did not receive my money which was supposed to be in my account. I have given my account details when I applied. So I would like to know, what is happening?
3. I have not been employed since 2018 and I have tried applying for SRD but declines always I reapplied and all my months are on pending for reconciliation for the whole of 2021, 12months and it’s hard breaking to see people getting the money and I need it too.
4. My son has been approved for two months with two dates and when he got to the post office they told him that his name is not on the system. I am just wondering what’s happening he has a child he has to look after and I can’t afford to help him because I am unemployed.
Most of the commenters commented that, they are not getting their SRD grant.