|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organisation : Actuarial Society of South Africa
Exam : A301 Exam
Document Type : Sample Question Paper
Category or Subject : Actuarial Risk Management
Website : http://www.actuarialsociety.org.za/StudentZone/PastExamPapers/A301ActuarialRiskManagement.aspx
Download Question Paper :
A301-1 June 2016 Exam : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/2170-A301May.pdf
A301-2 June 2016 Exam : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/2170-A301-2May.pdf
Actuarial Risk Management Question Paper
Instruction to Candidate
1. Candidates will be issued with instructions to log-in using a password (which you will be provided with at the exam center).
Related : Actuarial Society of South Africa Exam & Course Results : www.southafricain.com/2164.html
2. Candidates are required to submit their answers in Word format only using the template provided. You MAY NOT use any other computer program (e.g. Excel) during the examination.
3. Save your work continuously throughout the exam, on your computer’s hard drive that you have been provided with.
4. You have 15 minutes at the start of the examination in which to read the questions. You are strongly encouraged to use this time for reading only, but notes may be made. You then have three hours to complete the paper.
5. You must not start typing your answers until instructed to do so by the invigilator/supervisor.
6. Mark allocations are shown in brackets on exam papers.
7. Attempt all questions, beginning your answer to each question on a new page.
8. Candidates should show calculations where this is appropriate.
Question 1 :
(i) What is the the difference between a mutual insurer and public insurance company?
(ii) What is the major advantage and disadvantage of a mutual insurer?
Question 2 :
(i) You work for a general insurance company that covers numerous lines of business. The company is making losses on its motor insurance book and so are all the insures in the market
(ii)Describe how your company can respond o this problem and outline the main advantage and disadvantage of each approach
Question 3 :
(i) List the characteristics of a well run Project?
(ii) Describe, in detail, the process you will follow to identify any risks that may arise due to these changes.
Question 3 :
(i) Give the advantages and disadvantages of his suggestion.
(ii) He also mention to you that he is very concerned about the fall in the exchange rate and he thinks that the company should invest more in USA equites. he also paln to propose this board at the next meeting
(iii) Give the advantages and disadvantages of his suggestion.
Contact Address :
Actuarial Society of South Africa
C/o Old Mutual Office 2
2nd Floor West End Mall
Jan Smuts Drive