Name of the Organization : Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa – AMESA
Announcement : SA Mathematics Challenge Question Paper
Type : Sample Question Paper
Head Office : Parktown
Year : 2014
|You can now ask your questions about this post.|
Or answer other's questions in the comments section.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Website : http://www.amesa.org.za/
Download Question Paper : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3324-Grade4SA.pdf
AME SA Mathematics Challenge 2014
Grade 4 First Round :
** Answer the questions according to the instructions on the answer sheet.
** You may use a calculator.
Related : Institution Of Fire Engineers Examination Question Paper : www.southafricain.com/3321.html
** The questions test insight. Complex calculations will therefore not be necessary.
** We hope you enjoy it!
1. What number is 300 less than 5 698?
(A) 5 000
(B) 5 398
(C) 5 668
(D) 2 698
(E) 5 695
2. A taxi has 13 people on board. Three people are dropped off at the first stop and six people get on. At the second stop five are dropped off and two get on. At the third stop 3 people get off. How many people are now on board the taxi?
3. You have 20 litres of water in a bucket. How many 500 mL bottles will you be able to fill from the 20 litres of water?
4. What mass is indicated on the scale below?
(A) 50,4 kg
(B) 50,5 kg
(C) 50,8 kg
(D) 50,75 kg
(E) 50,9 kg
5. In the graph below, by how much did John’s weight increase from 1991 to 1995?
(A) 74 kg
(B) 2 kg
(C) 5 kg
(D) 6 kg
(E) 68 kg
6. What is the missing number in this number pattern?
230; 220; 205; ____; 160
7. Five tennis balls cost R60. How much will I pay for 3 tennis balls?
8. Tom has R900. He buys a bicycle for R623, a pair of trousers for R275 and would like to buy shoes for R312. How much more money does he need to buy the shoes?
9. At the fruit market, Jeff must pack 785 oranges onto racks that can each hold 85 oranges. How many oranges will be left after filling the racks?
10. A car travels at a constant speed of 120 kilometres per hour for 30 minutes. What distance did the car travel?
(A) 3600 km
(B) 150 km
(C) 120 km
(D) 15 km
(E) 60 km