|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Name of the Organization : Conquesta Olympiads
Announcement : Conquesta Olympiads Natural Science and Technology Sample Question Paper
Type : Sample Question Paper
Head Office : Durban
Grade : 4 – 7
Website : http://www.conquestaolympiads.com/samples.php?countryId=3&mediumId=1&gradeId=2&grade=4&PHPSESSID=0703fb7f9c84e6046e127c0a36a2ec34
Download Question Paper :
Grade – 4 : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3920-Sciencegr4.pdf
Grade – 5 : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3920-Sciencegr5.pdf
Grade – 6 : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3920-Sciencegr6.pdf
Grade – 7 Science : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3920-Sciencegr7.pdf
Grade – 7 Technology : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3920-Technologygr7.pdf
Grade – 7 Economic & Management : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/3920-EMSGrade7.pdf
Natural Science and Technology Sample Question Paper :
Grade 7 :
Match the correct labels in (a) – (d) below, to what they represent on the diagram, for questions 1 – 4.
1. —– (a) nucleus
2. —– (b) sperm
3. —– (c) tail
4. —– (d) head
Related : Conquesta Olympiads Creative Arts Sample Question Paper : www.southafricain.com/3344.html
5. Fertilisaton in humans happens when
(a) two eggs join together.
(b) a cell divides.
(c) a sperm cell joins with an egg cell.
(d) a pollen cell joins together with an egg cell.
6. Identify A.
7. Identify B.
8. Identify the process occurring at C.
9. Identify the process occurring between E and F.
(a) cell division
(b) egg splitting
(c) egg multiplying
Grade 6 :
1. The fox and the owl are both
(a) finding a mate.
(b) competing for food.
(c) seeking shelter.
(d) migrating for winter.
2. Since green plants make their own food, they are called
3. Which structure of a bird is correctly paired with its function?
(a) Claws for obtaining food.
(b) Wings for eliminating waste.
(c) Feathers for breathing.
(d) Eyes for growing.
4. Predators such as wolves and coyotes – and even bears – are moving closer to highly populated areas. This is posing an increased danger to people, so predator populations are being culled (reduced in number). This can have a devastating effect on the ecosystem, because without the natural control
(a) prey will also be reduced.
(b) prey will become overpopulated.
(c) prey will be kept in check.
(d) vegetation will be overgrown.
5. A population of mice, some with light-coloured fur and some with dark-coloured fur, is introduced into a field with dark soil. A few generations later, the majority of the mice have dark-coloured fur.
Which of the following best explains the change?
(a) Light-coloured mice can run faster.
(b) Dark-coloured mice have fewer offspring.
(c) Light-coloured mice have changed colour over generations.
(d) Dark-coloured mice are better able to hide from their predators.
6. When two animals live in the same area and depend on the same organism for food, they are
7. Why do some animals hibernate in the winter?
(a) To find food for their young.
(b) To adapt to environmental changes.
(c) To attract a mate.
(d) To avoid predators.
8. A spider building its web is an example of
Grade 5 :
1. Which of these groups contains only animals without a backbone (invertebrates)?
(a) dog, bear, jellyfish
(b) earthworm, crayfish, jellyfish
(c) bear, dog, crayfish
(d) jellyfish, earthworm, bear
2. Look at the table on the right.
Why were these animals placed into these groups?
(a) One group is active during the day; the other group is active at night.
(b) One group lives near prairies; the other group lives near forests.
(c) One group benefits people; the other group is a pest to people.
(d) One group eats only plants; the other group eats only meat.
3. The pictures on the right show four different living things.
What do all of these living things need to survive?
(a) heat and space
(b) light and water
(c) soil and water
(d) water and space
Most organisms are made of many different types of cells. Each type of cell has a special role within the organism.
4. Which of these organisms most likely contains rectangular shaped cells?
5. Which of these cells uses sunlight to produce food?
(a) Leaf cell
(b) Skin cell
(c) Nerve cell
(d) Muscle cell
Technology Grade 7 :
1. Which one of these statements best describes a simple machine?
(a) A single device that makes work easier.
(b) A single part that moves.
(c) A combination of moving parts making work easier.
(d) A machine such as a car or truck.
2. Which of these explanations best describes the word ‘WORK’?
(a) The capacity to do work.
(b) The rate of doing work.
(c) The energy possessed by an object that is moving.
(d) The measure of transferring energy from one system to another causing an object to move.
Match up the types of force used in (a) – (d) to the actions at questions 3 – 6.
(a) Turning (b) Lifting (c) Pushing (d) Pulling
3. A hammer is used to remove a nail.
4. To cut with a pair of scissors.
5. A lid is unscrewed from a jar.
6. A crane is used to move a heavy load.