1. Home
  2. /
  3. Facilities
  4. /
  5. education.gov.za Enrolling your Child...
All posts from

education.gov.za Enrolling your Child in a Public or Independent school : Department Of Basic

Name of the Organization : Department Of Basic Education
Type of Facility : Enrol Your Child in Public/ Independent School
Head Office : Pretoria

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Website : http://www.education.gov.za/Parents/Childregistration/tabid/407/Default.aspx

Education Enrolling your child in a public School

** You must enroll your child in a school between 1 August and 31 October of the preceding year.
** A Grade R applicant must be four years turning five or older by 30 June the next year and an applicant for grade one must be five years and turning six or older by 30 June the next year.

Sponsored Links:

Related : Department Of Basic Education Home Schooling : www.southafricain.com/4650.html

** You are free to choose whether to register your child at a public school or at an independent school.
** Public schools are state controlled and independent schools are privately governed.
** Independent schools must be registered with the Provincial Education Department.
** Public schools must be established by the MEC for education in the province.
** You can check with the Provincial Education Department if the school you wish to enroll your child in is registered before you make any registrations and payments.

Note :
** No school may treat your child unfairly and no public school may require your child to write an admission test, or prevent your child from coming to school because you have not paid or cannot pay the school fees.

Registration Procedure

** Apply a year before at a school near you or a school of your choice (between 1 August and 31 October).

To register the following documents are compulsory :
** Application form from the school
** Official birth certificate
** Immunisation card
** If you are moving your child from one school to another, submit latest school report, and a transfer card.

If your child is not a South African citizen, include the following documents :
** study permit
** temporary or permanent residence permit or proof that you have applied for permission to stay in South Africa.

School Fees

** School fees vary from school to school.
** If you cannot afford to pay you must make arrangements with the school.
** Although a school cannot refuse a learner admission, they can take legal action against you for failure to pay any outstanding school fees.

Forms to complete :
** Application forms are available at schools.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

South Africa Jobs, Scholarship, Contest, Admit Card, Exam © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap