Organization : Glass Recycling Company (Pty) Ltd
Competition Name : 2017 Schools’ Competition
Applicable For : Only schools
Competition Deadline : 31st October 2017
Prize : R30 000
Website : https://www.theglassrecyclingcompany.co.za/schools-competition/
Terms & Condition : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/6363-TGRCSchool.pdf
Form : http://theglassrecyclingcompany.co.za/schools-competition-entry-form/
The Glass Schools’ Competition
** The Glass Recycling Company (Pty) Ltd (“TGRC”) would like to call on schools in Gauteng, The Western Cape Peninsula (limited to the City of Cape Town Metro and the Cape Winelands District Municipalities), Port Elizabeth, East London and the Greater Durban and Pietermaritzburg areas (limited to Ethekwini and Umsunduzi Municipalities) to get involved in glass recycling initiatives and stand a chance to win fantastic prizes in TGRC’s annual school’s competition.
Related : Standard Bank Of South Africa Incredible Connection Back To School Competition : https://www.southafricain.com/5665.html
Grand Prize :
** Participating schools need to collect as many glass bottles and jars as possible.
The school/s that collects the highest tonnage of glass in each of the specified regions will win the following annual prizes:
|ANNUAL GRAND PRIZES PER SCHOOL PER REGION|
|Gauteng||Greater Durban and |
(limited to Ethekwini and
|Western Cape Peninsula Region (limited to the City of Cape Town Metro and the Cape Winelands |
|East London||Port Elizabeth|
|1st||R30 000||R30 000||R30 000||R30 000||R30 000|
|2nd||R20 000||R20 000||R20 000||R20 000||R20 000|
|3rd||R10 000||R10 000||R10 000||R10 000||R10 000|
Objectives of the competition :
** To create awareness about glass recycling in schools and communities
** To educate the learners and communities about the importance of glass recycling
** To encourage learners and communities to protect their environment
Benefits for Schools :
** It is a good initiative for schools to win prizes?
** Learners are able to use their knowledge to influence behavioural change within their own school, community and family environment.
Terms & Conditions :
1. The Glass Recycling Company (Pty) Ltd, Registration Number 2005/024564/07 (“TGRC”) will run the glass recycling competition from 1st February 2017 until 31st October 2017.
2. Only schools in the regions identified by TGRC in writing will be considered for participation in the competition.
3. An authorized representative from the school needs to apply for the placement of a glass bank, by completing the relevant application form which is obtainable from TGRC’s offices or website (.tgrc.co.za).
4. Complete the entry form and send it back to TGRC, either by hand delivery to La Rocca Office Park, Block B, 1st Floor, cnr Main and Petunia Road, Bryanston, by fax to 011 463 4772, email to thandi AT tgrc.co.za or by direct website submission.
5. For any enquiries about the competition, please contact Thandi Sibanda on 011 463 5644 or thandi AT tgrc.co.za
6. Upon receipt of the entry form (new applications only), TGRC will send written confirmation to the participating school confirming that the school has been entered into the competition. No school shall be regarded as a participant in the competition unless such school receives written confirmation as aforesaid and complies with any other terms and conditions specified herein and/or determined by TGRC from time to time.
7. Existing schools will need to notify TGRC by email or fax should they no longer wish to participate in the competition.
8. Notwithstanding any contrary provision contained herein, participation in the competition shall be subject to the participating school (through its authorized representative) signing acceptance form/s relating to the terms and conditions of the competition and the placing of the glass bank at the school’s premises. No glass bank will be placed with the school unless TGRC receives all duly signed and completed forms relating to the competition.
9. The school and a service provider must conclude an agreement in terms of which the glass bank is emptied by the service provider on a regular basis. The school acknowledges that the agreement concluded by it and the service provider for the emptying of the glass bank shall not be binding on TGRC and the school shall have no claim whatsoever against TGRC pursuant to and/or in connection with such agreement