|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organisation : University of Johannesburg
Announcement : 2017 URC International Scholarships
Applicable for : Master’s and Doctoral Students – South African citizens
Website : https://www.uj.ac.za
Application Form : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/8074-URCScholarship.pdf
URC International Scholarships :
Instructions and nominations of Non-SA Master’s and Doctoral Students :
1. Forms should be completed electronically.
Related : University of Johannesburg Global Excellence and Stature Funding Master’s and Doctoral Fellowships 2017 : www.southafricain.com/3424.html
2. Ensure that the candidate meets the eligibility requirements indicated below :
** Students must be from SADC and other African countries; South African citizens or permanent residents will not be considered.
Be registered for a full-time Master’s or PhD and within the following required study period:
** Master’s – within two years from first date of registration of a degree
** Doctoral – within three years from first date of registration of a degree
** May not hold any bursaries, awards, assistantships or emoluments concurrently with the URC
** International Scholarship, which bind him/her to enter the service of any organization upon completion of his/her studies.
** In addition, the scholarship may not be held concurrently with any other NRF, university or Government funded scholarship/bursary.
** Have an average of at least 60% in the previous degree.
** Registering for the first time for the specific degree e.g. not a second Master’s or second Doctoral qualification.
** The scholarship-holder may not hold full-time salaried employment during the tenure of the scholarship, but he/she will be allowed to undertake a maximum of twelve hours of teaching,tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average during the year of study, and he/she may be remunerated for his/her services, provided that he/she is reimbursed at the normal university tariff for services rendered.
** All awardees will be required to enter into a signed agreement with the University of Johannesburg.
3. The nomination form must be completed electronically by the student and signed by the student and the Dean of the faculty. Application forms together with the attachments must be hand delivered or submitted electronically to Ms Dudu Mbatha at the Postgraduate School, APK, Akanya Building.
4. After an award is successfully made for 2017 registered students, the FINPG-1 form has to be completed for the allocation of funds to student accounts.
5. The full amount of the scholarship will be credited to student account thereby removing any debits such as tuition, accommodation and registration fees on the student account.
6. The remaining balance should be claimed twice per year (during the first and second semester of registration).
7. An application for refund claim can be completed either manually or electronically in order to have the money transferred to students’ personal bank accounts.
8. Queries may be directed to Ms Dudu Mbatha (firstname.lastname@example.org; 011-559-4016).
** There are six scholarships available for Master’s students and six for Doctoral students The successful candidates are selected by a panel of university officials. The panel decision is final.
** If you are not contacted directly within four weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.