Organization : Young Dentists Council South African Dental Association
Competition Name : SADA YDC Congress Poster Competition
Applicable For : Undergraduate Or Post Graduate Students
Competition Deadline : 6th of August 2017
Prize : SADA Bronze Medal,R3000,Free SADA CORE membership
Website : https://sadacongress.co.za/
Download Guidelines : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/8211-YDCPoster.pdf
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
SADA YDC Congress Poster Competition :
** The Young Dentists Council (YDC) of the South African Dental Association (SADA) hereby extends an invitation to all South African Academic Institutions and Public as well as Private Health Facilities to participate in their third annual SADA YDC 2017 Poster Competition.
Related : South African Agency for Science & Technology Advancement AstroQuiz Competition : www.southafricain.com/7250.html
** The competition will be hosted at the SADA 2017 National Congress, which will be held from the 4th to the 6th of August 2017 at the Century City Conference Centre, Cape Town, Western Cape Province.
** We therefore request Deans and their relevant Heads of Department to pre-select candidates to participate in the poster competition.
** Eligible principal candidates must be either undergraduate or post graduate students.
** Eligible independent dental researchers are also encouraged to submit their abstracts.
** The research project should not have previously won an award.
Posters can be submitted in the following four categories of research :
** Undergraduate clinical research
** Undergraduate non-clinical research
** Postgraduate clinical research
** Postgraduate non-clinical research
** The research project must be presented in the form of a poster and the finalists will be invited to a 10-minute (maximum) interview session with the judges. The slot will comprise a 5 minute presentation by the participant and 5 minute discuss/questions opportunity for the judges. English will be language of the competition.
Eligible researchers :
The principal candidate must be :
** A SADA member
** 35 years of age or younger at the time of the Poster Competition.
** Co-researchers should also be members of SADA but may be older.
** There should be a maximum of three co-authors.
Due Dates For Abstract Submission And Programme :
|Abstract Submission opens||01 June 2017|
|Abstract Submission closes||14 July 2017|
|Judging||05 August 2017|
|Award Ceremony||Gala Dinner held at Century City on 5 August 2017|
** Oral Presentations at the poster will be restricted to 10 minute slots per finalist which includes questions posed by the judges.
** Answers given should be clear and concise reflecting an understanding of the subject matter.
Guidelines for the poster session :
1. Abstract to be submitted to YDC AT sada.co.za; nmzobe AT sada.co.za no later than 14 July 2017.
2. Hereunder the abstract guidelines Word count limit – maximum 500 words :
** Aims and objectives
3. Posters will be displayed from the 05-06 August 2017, and presenters are expected to erect their posters in the judging venue on Saturday 05 August. The posters will, thereafter, be moved back to the Traders’ Exhibition Area so that they receive good exposure to the delegates at the Congress for the rest of the weekend.
4. Judging of the posters will take place on the 05 August 2017. Time and specific venue for presentations will be communicated to the finalists once all abstracts have been accepted and the final participants numbers are confirmed.
5. First authors should report to the poster area in the designated exhibition area at least 30 minutes before the Judging Session.
6. Poster presentation to be done by the first author.
7. Hereunder dimensions of the Panel poster boards :
** Panel Dimensions- 1m – wide, 2.5m – high (please ensure that the posters do not exceed the Panel dimensions)
** No pinning or pegging of panels allowed.
** Prestik/double sided tape will be provided by SADA to secure the posters.
8. There will be dedicated viewing times, during which presenters will be expected to stand by their posters.
9. Posters can be removed after the judging.
Award Ceremony :
** Finalists will be invited to attend the Awards Function at the SADA Gala Dinner on the Saturday 05 August 2017 when the winner/s will be announced.
** SADA Bronze Medal for Young Researchers
** Award winner/s shall be announced in the SADJ
** Free SADA CORE membership for 2018
** Cash Prize of R3000
Contact Person :
South African Dental Association
Attention – Dr Nosipho Mzobe
Private Bag X 1
Tel: 011- 484 5288
Email: YDC AT sada.co.za; nmzobe AT sada.co.za