Organization : South Africa Agency for Science and Technology Advancement – SAASTA
Competition Name : SA Science Lens Instagram Competition
Applicable For : Open to all South African residents
Competition Deadline : 2 July 2017
Prize : R250
Website : http://www.saasta.ac.za/competitions/sa-science-lens/
Terms & Conditions : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/8439-SA-Science-Lens.pdf
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
SA Science Lens Instagram Competition :
Terms and Conditions :
By entering the SA Science Lens Instagram Competition, the participants agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) The competition is open to individuals between the ages of 13 and 25 resident in South Africa only.
Related : SAASTA Schools Debates Competition 2017 : www.southafricain.com/7252.html
2) Employees of NRF and their families are not eligible to participate.
3) This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any correspondence regarding this competition must be directed to NRF/SAASTA and not to Instagram.
4) Any information collected pursuant to the competition is collected by NRF/SAASTA and not by Instagram. By submitting information to NRF/SAASTA, participants consent to NRF/SAASTA to using their information in connection with the competition.
5) Participants must have a valid email account and cell phone number
6) Participants must have a valid Instagram account
7) Participants must follow SAASTA’s SA Science Lens Instagram account (sa_science lens) in order to be eligible to participate
8) Images entered into the competition must be published on the participant’s Instagram account and include the relevant hashtags as prescribed by the theme each week (#naturalglamour; #breeze; #waterwise; #shootingstar), as well as #sasciencelens.
9) Images must have been taken after 1 January 2017 (i.e. must not be older than this date).
10) Limited digital manipulation of images will be acceptable. Cropping, highlights and colour enhancements are acceptable, but no elements of a photograph should be digitally added or removed.
11) The copyright of the entire image before and after manipulation must be held by the participant or the participant must have the written authority of the copyright owner to submit the photograph for the competition. NRF/SAASTA reserves the right to request evidence of such authorities or consents.
12) There is no limit to the number of photos that may be entered by one person.
13) Any image that has won a prize in another competition is not eligible.
14) NRF/SAASTA reserves the right to disqualify entries and/or contestants who submit inappropriate images or conduct themselves inappropriately on the Instagram platform.
15) Winners for each week will be determined by the number of likes an image receives, if compliant with rules laid out. In addition a panel of judges appointed by NRF/SAASTA will choose a “Judge’s Choice” winner. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation. Images are judged on quality, technique, visual impact, their ability to communicate and engage, and their relevance to the theme.
16) The judges reserve the right in their absolute discretion to not award a prize for any particular theme should they determine no entry meets an acceptable standard.
17) Winners will be contacted via Instagram within 4 working days after the close of the week’s competition. Winners may contact SAASTA regarding their prizes at sasciencelens AT saasta.ac.za.
18) NRF/SAASTA reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the notification of their prize within 48 hours of being contacted. In such event, NRF/SAASTA will be entitled to select another winner immediately thereafter.
19) The winners’ names will be published on the NRF/SAASTA website (.saasta.ac.za) and Facebook page, as well as SA Science Lens Instagram account.
20) Prizes will be in the form of data bundles of the preferred service provider of the prize winner, to the value of the following :
** Most likes Up to R250
** 2nd most likes Up to R250
** 3rd most likes Up to R200
** 4th most likes Up to R150
** Judges choice 1 Up to R250
** Judges choice 2 Up to R150
21) Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item
22) Each of the winners and Parent/ Legal Guardian will be required to provide NRF/SAASTA with proof of identification in the form of a copy of his/her identity document, passport or South African driver’s licence. Parents/Legal Guardians will be required to supply signed consent.