|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organization : South African Golf Association
Competition Name : BMW SA Open Championship
Applicable For : SA Citizen
Non Sunshine Deadline : Monday 12Th December 2016
Sunshine Deadline : Monday 19Th December 2016
Entry Fee : R250
Hosted by : City of Ekurhuleni
Played At : Glendower Golf Club
Website : http://www.saga.co.za/
Guideline : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/907-SAopen-entry-form.pdf
BMW SA Open Championship :
** Bmw SA Open Championship Proudly Hosted by City of Ekurhuleni
** To be played at Glendower Golf Club
Related : Musica’s Captain America ClubCard Competition : www.southafricain.com/687.html
From : 12th – 15th January 2017
** Entry Fee R250
** The entry fee for European Tour members is determined by their Tour’s Members’ General Regulations Handbook
Close Of Entries :
Non Sunshine Tour or European Tour Members: 5PM (SA Time) On Monday 12Th December 2016
2016/2017 Sunshine Tour & 2017 European Tour Members: 5PM (SA Time) On Monday 19Th December 2016
Southern Africa PGA Tour,
PostNet Suite # 185,
Private Bag X15,
Somerset West, 7129,
Terms & Condition :
1. The Bmw SA Open ChampionshiP Proudly Hosted by City of Ekurhuleni (hereafter referred to as “The SA Open”) will be decided by stroke play over four rounds of 18 holes, in accordance with the rules of Golf as approved by the R & A Rules Limited, agreed Conditions of Competition and Local Rules of the Sunshine Tour and European Tour and the Additional Local Rules of the venue approved by the SA Open Championship Committee.
2. The SA Open is open to Professionals and restricted to Amateurs who are Life, Full or Junior Members of golf clubs affiliated to a Union recognised by the S.A.G.A. and who at the time of submission of entry shall have a handicap of SCRATCH or better assessed under the S.A.G.A. Course Rating and Handicapping System or other system acceptable to the S.A.G.A.
3. After the first 36 holes, there will be a cut made to the 65th placed professional and all players tying on that score. If a competitor who has posted a two round total score that will qualify for the third round, withdraws before or after the 3rd round draw is made, the competitor’s score will still be used to determine the cut mark
4. Provided they complete 72 holes, a Silver Medal will be presented to the leading Amateur, who will also hold the Freddie Tait Cup for the same period as the winner, and the Amateur who comes second will receive a Bronze Medal.
5. In the event of a tie for the first place in the SA Open, the winner shall be decided by a sudden death play-off. The holes making up the play-off will be decided by the SA Open Committee and posted at the SA Open office prior to the commencement of the final round.
6. The field size for the SA Open will be 156 competitors. In the event of the number of entries exceeding the stipulated field size, an 18 hole qualifying round will be held to determine which of the non-exempt entrants are to make up the full field.
7 Exemptions from qualifying will be granted to the following :
7.1 Any past SA Open Champion winner under the age of 60 at the commencement date of the SA Open.
7.2 60 players determined by the Sunshine Tour as per the 2016/2017 Exemption Category Ranking List, with the exception of Invitations and pre qualifying spots;
7.3 60 players determined by the European Tour as per the 2017 Exemption Category Ranking List.
7.4 Any player ranked within the top 50 players of the Official World Golf Rankings as at Monday 19th December 2016.
7.5 Maximum of five amateurs as nominated by the South African Golf Association
7.6 Maximum of five invitations granted to black players in terms of the Sunshine Tour Members General Regulations.
7.7 Maximum of five invitations granted by the SA Open Committee.
8. Entry Procedures :
8.1 All members of the Sunshine Tour are to enter with the Sunshine Tour’s Membership Department in accordance with the Members’ General Regulations Handbook;
8.2 All members of the European Tour are to enter with the European Tour Entries Department in accordance with the European Tour Members’ Handbook;
8.3 All other eligible players, in terms of paragraph 2 above, are to enter with the Sunshine Tour’s Membership Department, as outlined herein.
All eligible players entering in terms of 8.3 above must adhere to the following:
8.3.1 Complete the entry form in full and return to the Sunshine Tour by post, fax to +27 21 852 8271, or e-mail to entries AT sunshinetour.com. Any entry submitted by such a player will not be considered until payment is received in full, by the Sunshine Tour.
8.3.2 Bank details are :
Southern Africa PGA Tour,
Account No: 1498116655,
Branch code: 198 765
9. All entries shall be subject to the approval of the, Sunshine Tour and/or European Tour and/or S.A.G.A. who reserve the right to refuse any entry without giving any reason for such refusal. The decision of either the Sunshine Tour and/or European Tour and/or S.A.G.A as to acceptance or refusal of any entry shall be final.
10. All competitors clubs must conform to the groove and punch mark specifications in the Rules of Golf that are effective from 1 January 2010.
The Club contact details are as follows :
Glendower Golf Club :
Tel No: +27 (0)11 453 1013/4
Pro Shop: +27 (0)11 453 9003
E-mail: whitfield.proshop AT gmail.com
Kempton Park Golf Club :
Tel No: +27 (0)11 970 1075/1038
Pro Shop: +27 (0)11 394 8911
E-mail: mike AT kemptongolfclub.co.za
Benoni Country Club :
Tel No: +27 (0) 11 849 5211/2
Pro Shop: +27 (0)11 849 8821
E-mail: info AT benonicc.co.za
Irene Country Club :
Tel No: +27 (0)12 667 1081
E-mail: events AT irenecc.co.za