|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organization : Avis Van Rental
Competition Name : Avis Van Rental Ride Like a Pro Competition
Applicable For : Open To Permanent Residents Of South Africa
Competition Closing Date : 19 January 2018
Prize : Cycling kit is valued at R18,000
Terms & Conditions : https://www.avis.co.za/drive-avis/promotions/van-rental-ride-like-a-pro-2018.html
Avis Van Rental Ride Like a Pro Competition
** If you think you’ve got what it takes to ride The Beloved Country in the 2018 Old Mutual joBerg2c, Avis Van Rental is giving away one team entry to a deserving duo, to Ride-Like-A-Pro.
Related : Avis Rent a Car Customer Services Number : www.southafricain.com/8009.html
** To stand a chance to win*, upload your 30-second video, motivating why you deserve to win this experience. To be eligible for the prize, participants must qualify as per the terms and conditions (below) and joBerg2c race criteria.
The prize includes :
** A team joBerg2c 2018 entry
** Avis Safari vehicle with your own driver, for the duration of the event
** Avis Van Rental team cycling kit
** If you reside outside of Johannesburg, Avis Van Rental will provide accomodation for the night before the start
** The competition will close on 19 January 2018. Videos can be submitted through the Bike Hub website by clicking on the button below.
Terms & Conditions
1. This Competition is organized by Avis Van Rental acting under licensee of Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 27 November 2017 until 19 January 2018 on the Promoter’s website (.avisvanrental.co.za).
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including joBerg2c cc (herein after referred to as “j2c”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition, including Hub Online Media (Proprietary) Limited (herein after referred to as “Bike Hub”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the marketing service provider;
4.6 Under the age of 19 years on 20 April 2018.
5. The Competition commences on 27 November 2017 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 19 January 2018 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. There is 1 (one) prize to be won in the Competition consisting of the following:
6.1 A team entry into the 2018 j2c mountain bike stage race taking place from 20 to 28 April 2018 for the winner and a riding partner of his / her choice. The team entry is valued at R41,580 and is subject to j2c’s entry criteria and event rules. The winner and his / her riding partner are deemed to be aware of and accept all said criteria and rules, which are available on j2c’s website (.joberg2c.co.za).
6.2 A team cycling kit consisting of 8 (eight) sets of Avis Van Rental branded cycling gear (4 (four) sets per rider) comprising of bibs and jerseys. The team cycling kit is valued at R18,000.
6.3 An Avis Safari rental vehicle equivalent to a Group N for the duration of the race. The safari rental is valued at R19,800 and includes time, mileage, super collision damage waiver and super theft loss waiver, contract fee, responsibility amount (where applicable) and all fuel used during the duration of the race.
A driver will be provided to move the vehicle from one race village to the next for the duration of the race. The vehicle may only be driven by the designated driver as appointed by the Promoter or by the winner and his / her riding partner, who must be over 21 years of age and in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s license to drive the vehicle. The safari rental is subject to Avis Safari Rentals’ standard terms and conditions. The winner and his / her riding partner are deemed to be aware of and accept all said terms and conditions.
7. The winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website (.avisvanrental.co.za), as well as on other social networking pages operated by the Promoter and j2c, including Facebook and Twitter, on 2 February 2018
8. To participate in the Competition, a participant must :
8.1 Not be contracted by or part of a professional cycling team.
8.2 Be available to participate in the j2c race between 20 and 28 April 2018.
8.3 Ride for the Promoter in the Avis Van Rental branded cycle gear provided as part of the prize.
8.4 Be fit and skilled enough to complete the j2c race.
8.5 Submit a motivation by way of a short video clip that is not more than 2 minutes long to reach the Promoter by latest 23h59 SAST on 19 January 2018. The video clip must be uploaded to the Competition landing page on Bike Hub’s website (.bikehub.co.za). In the video, the participant must motivate as to why he / she and his / her riding partner believe they deserve to “Ride Like a Pro” with Avis Van Rental at the 2018 J2c and be selected as the winner. The participant can feature alone or together with his / her riding partner in the video. The most common video formats will be accepted, including .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .m2v, .avi and .mpg, with the easiest method of entry being directly from a mobile phone.
9. The requirements relating to paragraphs 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 also apply to the participant’s riding partner. Late entries received after the specified closing date and time will not qualify for entry into the Competition. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one entry per participant and his / her riding partner is permitted. Accordingly, a riding partner may not also enter as a participant.