|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organization : South African Department of Labour (www.labour.gov.za)
Facility Name : UIF Covid 19 TERS Online Application
Applicable For : All Employers
Website : https://uifecc.labour.gov.za/covid19/covid19
UIFECC Covid 19 TERS Online Application
The Minister of Employment and Labour has announced measures that the Department will put in place to contain the spread the Corona Virus (COVID-19) and its impact on UIF contributors.
Related / Similar Service :
UIF Covid19 Reference Number & Payment Status
The Unemployment Insurance Fund will compensate affected workers through its existing Illiness and Reduced Work Time benefits.
The Unemployment Insurance Commissioner, after consultation with Unemployment Insurance Executive, has also developed a Corona Virus Temporary Employer-Employee Relief Scheme (COVID19TERS) to contribute to the containment of the Corona Virus and its impact.
** Any UIF contributing business facing distress, on lockdown and unable to pay salaries due to lockdown can apply.
** Companies are encouraged to apply on behalf of their employees using the e-mail address (COVID19ters [AT] labour.gov.za)
** Automatic reply with all the required documents and step by step on the process to follow.
** Completed applications and documents must be submitted to Covid19UIF [AT] labour.gov.za
** Hotline number: (012) 337 1997
New Login Rules
** Only one user is allowed to access the system per username. If second user will try to access the system while first one is browsing an error message – USER ALREADY LOGGED IN is displayed.
** If you typed incorrect password or username, then you have 2 mins to login with correct username and password. If you failed, the account is locked for 60 mins and you will see the error – USER ALREADY LOGGED IN
** Always sign out to destroy your browsing session.
** If you are getting USER ALREADY LOGGED IN error and you are the only person trying to log in, then wait for 60 mins to automatically clear the session. You will be allowed to login after 60 mins.
** Do not interfere with the URL. This will invalidate your user session and lock you.
** If you cannot access the account for over 60 mins then only contact UIF call centre or any uif officials.
How to Register?
Just follow the below steps to register for UIF Covid 19 TERS.
Step 1 : Visit the official website of South African Department of Labour through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, Click on the “Register” button in the home page.
Step 3 : Fill the registration form with the required details.
Step 4 : Finally click on “Proceed” button to complete the registration.
** Letter of Authority, on an official company letterhead granting permission to an individual specified to lodge a claim on behalf of the company
** MOA (completion of the agreement between UIF, Bargaining Council and Employer)
** Prescribed template that will require critical information from the employer
** Evidence/payroll as proof of last three months employee(s) salary(ies)
** Confirmation of bank account details in the form of certified latest bank statement.
All documents submitted will be subject to verification.
If the spreadsheet is complete; valid and accurate, it will dumped into an automated calculator to produce the benefit amount due to the beneficiaries and the total amount to be transferred to the employer or bargaining council or whichever method agreed.
1. Use the Excel Template from UIF. Do not copy and make a new file.
2. Do not change the structure of the Excel file.
3. Leave the PAYE Number blank, if not applicable. Do not delete the column.
4. Prefix the name of all your document with the UIFreferencenumber.(Example – MOA A should be renamed as – 00000034_06APR2020_MOA_A_1.pdf)
5. Fields marked with * in the spreadsheet are mandatory.
6. All date format should be DD-MMM-YYYY (06-Apr-2020).
7. Id Number should not exceed 13 characters and should be without spaces. Adding spaces will discard the record. The Passport Number can be filled in the ID No column without spaces.
8. Do not add spaces in any field between values.
9. The values of remuneration should not be comma separated. Example – 26000.90 and not 26,000.92
10. The UI Reference number is the 8 digit number in the format(1234567/8) and not the U-number. The uif reference number in side the File should always have ‘/’’. The uir reference number without ‘/’ is not recognized.
11. No spaces should be anywhere in or between values. Trim all the values in the file. Files with spaces are discarded and not processed.
1. Who has to apply for the Covid19 Relief Benefit?
Employers who are unable to pay salaries of their employees during the 21 days lock down period can apply for the Relief Benefit.
2. Do people who work for commission and freelancers qualify for Covid19 TERS Benefit?
No, freelancers and commission workers do not qualify, as they are not covered under the Unemployment Insurance Amendment Act.
3. How long does it take to process the application?
Turnaround time to process the application is 10 days with complete documents (MOA, verification, etc.)
4. If I benefit from COVID19TERS, will my credits be affected if I claim other benefits in the future?
NO, the COVID19TERS will not affect any credits because it’s a special benefit.
5. As a domestic worker, can my employer apply for the Covid19TERs Benefit?
Yes, your employer can apply for the Covid 19 TERS Benefit provided they have been contributing to the UIF.