Organization : National Traffic Information System
Service Name : Online Booking Application
Applicable For : Citizen of South Africa
Website : https://online.natis.gov.za/
If the above link does not open, use this link : https://web.archive.org/web/20210814001930/https://online.natis.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Apply For NaTIS Online Booking?
Make Bookings to apply for Learner Licence, Driving License and/or Professional Driving Permits, without having to visit Traffic Departments not having the guarantee of being assisted after standing in long queues.
Related / Similar Facility : NATIS Cancel Booking
Step 1 : Visit the official website of National Traffic Information System (NaTIS) through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, click on the “My Booking” tab in the menu bar.
Step 3 : Fill the application with the required details.
Step 4 : Finally click on “Submit” button to complete the registration.
Instructions For NaTIS Online Booking
Gauteng Province wants to ensure that all DLTC’s are Covid-19 compliant to ensure safety of applicants. The sites inspection of DLTC’s are almost done. Kindly note the following before visiting your preferred DLTC.
** All applicants who paid for a Learner’s Licence test, which would have taken place during the lockdown period can apply in person at the DLTC where the application was made for a rescheduling of the Learner’s test
** All applicants who paid for a Driving Licence test, which would have taken place during the lockdown period can apply in person at the DLTC where the application was made for a rescheduling of the driving licence test
** All Driving Licences which expired between 27 March 2020 to 31 May 2020, are deemed valid until 31 August 2020
** All PrDP’s which expired between 27 March 2020 to 1 June 2020, are deemed valid until 31 August 2020
** DLTC’s that are Covid-19 compliant will open NaTIS bookings for Driving Licence card renewals on 3 June 2020
** DLTC’s that are Covid-19 compliant will open Learner’s Licence and
Driving Licence test bookings on 8 June 2020
** DLTC’s that are Covid-19 compliant will open applications for PrDP’s on 8 June 2020
FAQ On NaTIS Online Booking
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On NaTIS Online Booking
1. Where can I book?
You can book at any of the registered DTLC sites in Gauteng by making use of the web application.
2. How many times can I make a pre-booking?
You can only make a pre-booking once for the same licence test. You are not allowed to make the same test application at different testing stations.
3. How do I pay for the pre-booking?
You must pay for your booking at the testing station at which the pre-booking was made. Online payment will be offered in the near future.
4. What about the eye test?
You can do the eye test on the day of the payment at the DLTC or; go to a recognised eye specialist where a certificate will be issued that will be acceptable at the testing station.
5. How long do I have to pay?
The payment must be made within 3 days from making the pre-booking. This is to prevent the slot from being forfeited and allocated to another applicant. It is only a reservation of your booking until it is paid within the prescribed period to make the booking confirmed.
Please note that fees are not displayed on this site as the different sites have fees applicable to their province. Please contact the DLTC to enquire about fees.
6. What is the procedure if I want to apply for a driving licence when my current driving licence card has expired due to illness, incarceration or being out of the country?
A driving licence that has been issued to a person does not expire. Only the card does after 5 years, therefore the applicant is not prevented from applying for the renewal of a card when able to do so.
Some Important Information From Comments
1. I have been sending Emails with my ID documents requesting assistance as I am struggling to complete my online renewal of license card. It says that, I am on the system already and I can’t remember my login details and the system doesn’t allow me to change to start all over again and my license will expire soon .
2. I have been trying basically 5 to 6 times a day since June 2021. Even tried checking over weekends, 0 slots available, they either don’t know, what they are doing (or) just simply unprofessional. This online system should be scrapped, we are prepared to go personally to the venue as we did previously and get it done. This is not only frustrating but pathetic service.
3. Mabopane Traffic Department people need to pay for a slot. You have to pay R50. If you don’t have money, you will wait there the whole day. The dates on the booking confirmation is also not working.
4. I have been trying to book a slot since April, there are no slots available in Pretoria. How is this possible? The slots stay the same and do not change, no availability since the moment it opens at 8 AM to the time the slots close at 8 PM which has now changed to 6 PM. So please someone explain to me how on Earth we are supposed to apply for our Drivers and Learners? The site is not user friendly and is not fair.
NATIS online booking system site is not working.
I have been trying to book a slot for the past 4 months now with no luck. Rumours says, slots are now sold by the officials in our traffic departments, our government is failing us seriously. Can the government do something about this online booking because I believe there is some corruption taking place.
Most of the commenters commented that, they have been trying to book online but, the NATIS Online Booking Application System is not working and no slots available.
FAQ On NATIS Booking Application
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On NATIS Booking Application
Q: What is NATIS?
A: The NATIS is an online system that allows individuals to book appointments for various services related to the National Traffic Information System (NaTIS). NaTIS is a web-based system used in South Africa for vehicle registration, licensing, and other traffic-related services.
Q: What services can be booked using the NATIS Booking Application?
A: The NATIS Booking Application allows individuals to book appointments for services such as vehicle registration, renewal of licenses, change of ownership, and other related services offered by the South African government’s traffic departments.
Q: How can I access the natis Booking Application in South Africa?
A: The NATIS Booking Application can be accessed online through the official website of the relevant traffic department in South Africa. This may vary depending on the province or municipality where you reside. It is recommended to check the official website of your local traffic department for the correct link to access the natis Booking Application.
Q: What information do I need to provide when booking an appointment using the natis Booking Application?
A: When booking an appointment using the natis Booking Application, you may need to provide information such as your personal details (name, ID number, contact information), vehicle details (registration number, make, model), and the type of service you require (e.g., vehicle registration, license renewal, change of ownership).
Q: Can I reschedule or cancel my appointment booked through the natis Booking Application?
A: Yes, in most cases, you should be able to reschedule or cancel your appointment booked through the natis Booking Application. However, the process may vary depending on the specific traffic department’s policies and procedures. It is recommended to review the cancellation and rescheduling policies mentioned on the application or contact the relevant traffic department for further assistance.
Additional Generic Procedure
To apply for NaTIS online booking, you must first register on the NaTIS website. Once you are registered, you can log in and select the type of driving license you want to apply for. You will then be able to select a date and time for your appointment.
Here are the steps on how to apply for NaTIS Online Booking:
1) Go to the NaTIS website: https://online.natis.gov.za/
2) Click on the “Book Now” button.
3) Select the type of transaction you want to book.
4) Select the date and time of your appointment.
5) Enter your personal details, such as your name, ID number, and contact information.
6) Upload a scanned copy of your ID document.
7) Pay the booking fee.
8) Click on the “Submit” button.
9) You will receive a confirmation email with your booking details.
Here are some of the things to keep in mind when applying for NaTIS Online Booking:
1) You can book an appointment up to 30 days in advance.
2) You can only book one appointment per day.
3) You can cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours in advance.
4) You must bring your ID document and the payment receipt to your appointment.
5) You must arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time.
You can book an appointment for a variety of transactions, such as:
1) Driving licence renewal
2) Learner licence application
3) Vehicle registration
4) Name change on vehicle registration
5) Change of address on vehicle registration