Organisation : National Traffic Information System
Facility Name : Online Client Registration FAQs
Applicable For : Citizen of South Africa
Website : https://online.natis.gov.za/#/main
If the above link does not open, use this link : https://web.archive.org/web/20210814001930/https://online.natis.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Do NATIS Client Registration Online?
NaTIS Online Services. Use the provided links to either book an appointment, register as a road traffic user or; report a minor crash. Click on the link given above for Client Registration Online.
Related / Similar Service : NaTIS Report Crash
FAQ On Online Client Registration
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On Online Client Registration
When registering my profile, the application indicates I do not exist?
Your identity is validated against NaTIS, if you receive an error that you do not exist, it is either that your identification details supplied does not exist on NaTIS or; that it was incorrectly captured. For example, on the NaTIS you are registered as AB Surname and you only entered A Surname. If you’re a company your business name must be entered as it appears on your Business Registration Number Certificate (BRNC).
When registering my company profile, the application indicates my proxy does not exist?
Your proxy identity is validated against NaTIS, if you receive an error that your proxy does not exist, it is either that your identification details supplied does not exists on NaTIS or that the proxy details entered does not match the records on NaTIS. Please go to your nearest Registering Authority to correct or update your company’s proxy particulars with all the supporting documentation required.
My driver or learner license number is not working when attempting to register my profile?
Please ensure that you entered the correct license number as it appears on your driver’s license card or the control number as it appears on your learner’s license.
I want to register my profile but I have no email or cellular phone number?
To be able to register your profile online to receive the service(s) offered, it is compulsory to enter either a valid email address, cellular phone number or both. You will have to also select your preferred method of contact and accept to receive electronic communications from NaTIS before continuing.
Upon registering your company profile, what email is required?
The email address recorded will be the email address that your company receives communication from NaTIS. This will not update your proxy’s contact details on NaTIS.
I did not receive my one time pin (OTP)?
Go back to your contact details and ensure that you have entered your email address or cellular phone number correctly. If it is correct, please select resend OTP. If you still do not receive your OTP please contact our call centre via email – email@example.com or contact us on 0861 400 800.
My one time pin (OTP) entered does not want to work?
Your one time pin (OTP) is only valid for 2 minutes. Please select resend OTP to receive a new OTP and retry.
Why must I complete my details again to view my renewal notice(s) if I registered my profile?
This is a security measure for the use of the online services to validate your credentials, an OTP will be sent to your preferred contact number supplied when you registered your profile.
Why can’t I view my vehicle renewal notice(s)?
You can only view a vehicle(s) with a license that will expire in the following two months. If your vehicle(s) has already expired and is past the 21-day grace period, you cannot download/email/SMS your notice.
What is my vehicle renewal notice (MVL2) for?
The MVL2 – Assessment for renewal of motor vehicle license is used by NaTIS service centres (Post Office or Registering Authority) to renew your vehicle’s license without having to complete the Application for License of Motor Vehicle (ALV) form.
I can’t download my vehicle renewal notice(s)?
Please ensure that you have the Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC or that your pop-up blocker is not activated.
What is SMS notice number?
The SMS notice number will send a SMS to your cellular phone number that contains your license plate number, vehicle notice number and the amount due for renewing your license. This SMS can be presented at your nearest NaTIS service centre (Post Office or Registering Authority) to renew your vehicle’s license.
I can’t email my vehicle renewal notice(s) or SMS my notice number?
To be able to email your vehicle renewal notice or SMS your notice number, you must have registered an email address or cellular phone number upon registration.
Call : 0861 400 800
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Important Information From Comments
Error / Problem:
1. An absolute poor service from the NATIS call center with very rude and unprofessional staff. I needed help in registering on NATIS online, but they said, I must go to local offices for assistance and hung up before I could even ask further question.
2. When I register for all our sub-companies, the NATIS system required every time a new password and new email address. It is really very inconvenient, because I am the one who work with all of these companies. Is there a way to do it differently? So, I must remember all of the 7 companies passwords and emails to login.
3. Enatis indicate transaction pending and the local licence office said they cannot issue the vehicle Disc because the account is frozen. It has been 9 days now and enatis still indicate pending transaction. I don’t get any replies on my emails send to their support team. Please can someone indicate what can be done to get it sorted?
4. This registration system is useless. No one is assisting with this “The information provided does not match what we have on the system.” The phone goes unanswered, the consultants dealing with emails are just as useless, Can someone help!
5. I booked for renewal of my PDP and completed all the required form online but, I completed for renewal of licence in Tembisa but they told me to start booking again which is making things complicated. It was better if they gave me the correct form for PDP unlike for them to tell to start afresh which I find this as a bad service.
Most of the commenters commented that, the NATIS website is not working.