1. Home
  2. »
  3. Facilities
  4. »
  5. online.natis.gov.za Report a Motor Vehicle Cr...
All posts from

online.natis.gov.za Report a Motor Vehicle Crash : National Traffic Information System

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Organization : National Traffic Information System NaTIS
Service Name : Report a Motor Vehicle Crash
Applicable For : Citizen of South Africa
Website : https://online.natis.gov.za/crash/#/onlineCrashReport

NaTIS Report Crash

Report a Motor Vehicle Crash (Damage Only)

Related / Similar Facility : NATIS Online Client Registration

How to Report?

Steps :
Step 1 : Visit the official website of National Traffic Information System through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, click on the “Report Crash” tab in the menu bar.

Step 3 : Read the terms & conditions carefully and click on “Accept & Continue” button

Step 4 : Fill the application with the required details.
Step 5 : Finally click on “Submit” button to complete your report.

Terms & Conditions

1. This submission of a crash report will be legally binding.
2. All crashes must be reported within 24 hours or the next working day. (Non-Working days Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)

3. The system will provide the user with an automatically generated Crash Report Number (CRN) for insurance claims.
4. The system will only allow for the reporting of minor damage crashes.

5. Crashes which include a person or persons being injured, killed or involved in a hit and run accident/crash must be reported immediately to the nearest Municipal/Metro Police, Traffic Department (MMT) office or South African Police Service (SAPS) station.

6. All crashes involving 5 or more vehicles must be reported at your nearest South African Police Services (SAPS).
7. The information submitted by you can be made available to your insurance service provider.

8. The reporting of the crash service is free. RTMC reserves the right to charge entities or persons to access the data at a later stage.


1 What type of crash do I report?
You can only report minor damage road crashes. If you indicate that there were injuries or fatalities, you will not be able to proceed with the transaction. Please go to your nearest SAPS station.

2 Where can I report a crash?
For minor damages, you can report a crash online via the NaTIS public online service or; if there are injuries or fatalities – your nearest SAPS station.

3 When can I report a crash?
The driver must report a road crash within 24 hours. The system keeps track of the capture date. If more than 24 hours has expired, then you will be informed of such however; you can still proceed with capturing the crash.

4 Are both parties allowed to report a crash?
Yes. The system will link related crashes via vehicle registration numbers and driver identity numbers. You can only report crashes with a minimum of 1 (one) vehicle and a maximum of 4 (four) vehicles.

You will also be required to complete the details of other drivers and vehicles involved. Multiple drivers and vehicles can be added.

5 What happens after I report a crash?
You will receive a receipt of submission. The system will provide a summary PDF that can be emailed or downloaded by the user for proof of submission.

The output will include an online Crash Report (CR) number that will be emailed or sent to you by SMS. The CR number can be used for the submission of insurance claims.

6 How do I submit the Crash Number (CN) to my insurance company?
The CR number can be sent to your insurance company for a claim. The insurance company can request the full Crash Report from the RTMC.

7 Are there penalties for not reporting a crash on time?
It is an offence if you do not report a crash within 24 hours. SAPS reserves the right to charge or fine you for late reporting.

8 What if I am not in a good condition to report a crash within the specified time?
If you cannot report a crash within 24 hours, you can visit your nearest police station later at a reasonable time to report your crash. If you report the crash online, you have to supply evidence that you where incapacitated to submit the report in time.

9 What if I did not receive my confirmation of my crash reporting?
In order to receive the confirmation, it is advised to enter a correct cellular phone number in the required fields.

Sponsored Links:
1 Comment
Add a Comment
  1. Mamello

    You may send my reply or confirmation to lucas.marite AT randwestcity.gov.za

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

South Africa Jobs, Scholarship, Contest, Admit Card, Exam © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap