Organization : National Traffic Information System
Service Name : Check Your Licence Card
Applicable For : Citizen of South Africa
Website : https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
If the above link does not open, use this link : https://web.archive.org/web/20210814001930/https://online.natis.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Check NATIS Licence Card?
This service is used to validate and check your licence card
Related / Similar Service : NATIS Learner’s Licence Test Online Booking
Just follow the below steps to Check Your Licence Card
Step 1 : Visit the official website of National Traffic Information System through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, Click on the “Query Driving Licence Card” link in the home page.
Step 3 : Fill the application with the following details and click on the “Next” button
** Select the Identification Type
** Enter Your Identification Number
** Enter Your Surname
** Enter Your Initials
Step 4 : After that, fill the remaining details to check your card.
How To Get Slots Information?
Please take note of the following information
The Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport (GDRT) together with all their Driving Licence Testing Centres (DLTC’s), have decided to streamline booking information.
Please note the following :
** The daily tabs above,indicate when SLOTS for specific services will be opened on the website.
** For example, all DLTC’s will ONLY open slots for Driving Licence and Learner’s Licence Testing on a Tuesday.
** All slots opened on a day is released from after 08h00 in the morning until 20h00 in the evening.
On a Monday :
All 38 DLTCs will open slots for the following services ONLY
** Renewal of Driving Licence Cards and
** PrDP Applications
On a Tuesday :
All 38 DLTCs will open slots for the following services ONLY
Driving Licence Testing and
Learner’s Licence Testing
Please note :
If you managed to make a booking for Driving Licence or Learner’s Licence Test then you must confirm and pay for your booking within 3 days
On a Wednesday :
** On a Wednesday NO DLTC will open Slots.
** If you see any slots for any service it may be left over from the previous day.
** Any person 60 years and older can go to any DLTC to renew their Driving Licence or apply for a PrDP
On a Thursday :
The system in the background will have slots available for PRIORITY renewal of Driving Licence Cards and PrDP Applications.
FAQ On NATIS
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On NATIS
1. What is this online service about?
This service is to provide convenience to the public to
1.1.1 Register Profile online and capture their contact details to receive electronic communication from NaTIS. By registering a profile online vehicle owners will be able to obtain their motor vehicle renewal notice (MVL2) two months prior to the expiry date of the vehicle license before going to nearest NaTIS service centre (Post Office or Registering Authority) to renew their license.
1.1.2 Make Bookings to apply for Learner Licence, Driving License and/or Professional Driving Permits, without having to visit Traffic Departments not having the guarantee of being assisted after standing in long queues.
1.1.3 Report Motor Vehicle Crashes that just occurred, by using the smart devices without having to queue on the call to report the incidents to South Africa Police Services, Insurances or Emergency Rescuers.
2. Who is this service for?
This service is for any member of the South African public with a valid South African identity document, foreign identity document, Traffic Register Number (TRN) or Business Register Number (BRN) who would like to register their profile online and obtain their vehicle renewal notices, make an online booking or report motor vehicle crash.
3. Who can I contact if I have a problem?
A telephone number is available on the website as well as an email address that can be used to report any difficulties or problems experienced. For any problems or enquiries please contact our call centre via email – onlinesupport [AT] rtmc.co.za or contact us on 0861 400 800 to assist.
4. What is a Priority slot?
A priority slot is for a person whose Driving Licence or PrDP has already expired.
5. How will the system know that I am a priority?
When you enter your Identity number, the system checks if your Driving Licence or PrDP has already expired, if so, then you will see a priority slot (if such a slot is available)
6. If my Driving Licence or PrDP has expired and there are no priority slots available, what then?
The system will then show you slots that all other applicants will see, whose Driving Licence or PrDP has not yet expired
Some Important Information From Comments
1. There is no option to check, if your Driver’s license is ready for collection. Please fix your website.
2. There is no “Query Driving Licence Card” option on the website. There used to be one, and whenever I checked it constantly said “in production” since September 2021. It’s been a long time, and I still don’t have my renewed card, and there is no way of checking if it is ready. I have tried many times over the last six months to get a hold of someone at the Testing Centre, but my hundreds of calls were never picked up. When contacting NATIS directly, similar story, except I once got through and was told that they cannot assist with this information, they do not have it.
3. There is no option for “Check Current Status On Your Card”. In the explanation it shows, there is supposed to be a tag, check status, however on site there isn’t.
1. I have applied and paid for my new drivers license card on 31st May 2021 already and still have not received it, when I checked the system it only stated by Card status, “Card posted to DLTC” but with the new system it doesn’t give you the “Query Driving License Card” option on the website as stated. Please advise.
2. My status says “Received by CPF”. What does that mean?
** Dispatched from CPF – sent to the centre
** Received by NATIS – its ready for collection
** Received by CPF – card is still in production.
Most of the commenters commented that, they want to check if their licence card is ready for collection but there is no “Query Driving Licence Card” option available on the website.