Organization Name : SASSA South African Social Security Agency
Facility Name : Apply for Reconsideration & Check Status
Applicable For : Individuals who are currently unemployed
Website : https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Apply For SRD SASSA Reconsideration?
If your application was declined for any period and you had zero income in the preceding month, you may submit an application for SRD SASSA reconsideration.
Related / Similar Service : SRD SASSA Cancel Application
Just follow the below steps to apply for SRD SASSA Reconsideration & Check status online.
Step 1 : Visit the official website of SASSA through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, Scroll the pages down and click on the “Apply Online/ Check Reconsideration Status” button.
Step 3 : Enter the South African Id number of Applicant
Step 4 : Enter the Phone Number used to submit your Application
Step 5 : Click on the “Send Pin” button
How To Apply For SRD Grant?
Apply online (or) you can use the following channel to apply for SRD Grant.
WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
You only have to apply once via this web site or the above WhatsApp number and not many times on every channel. SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.
FAQ On SRD SASSA Grant
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On SRD SASSA Grant
1. Where can I self-check my status for WhatsApp?
For WhatsApp applicants can send a message to 082 046 8553; type “SASSA” and then type “Status” and follow the message prompts.
2. Can I use another person’s account if I do not have a bank account neither a cell Phone?
** SASSA will not pay into a 3rd party bank account.
** Where an applicant does not have a bank account, he/she must indicate from the drop down list the nearest bank through which they want to be paid. Money will therefore be paid into the applicant’s cellphone number.
** Where an applicant does not have a bank account and does not have a cell phone registered in his/her name, the payment will be made through the post office.
3. What is the meaning of Pending status?
The application is in progress, when verification is completed, the applicant will receive a SMS notification of the outcome. Only those with status Approved will receive the SMS notification with a website link to submit bank details or to select a bank for cash transfer if unbanked.
4. If I applied in May 2020 and get approved, will I receive double payment in June 2020?
The Payment for May will be paid, and the application will be re-validated in June, and if the applicant still meets the criteria, the June payment will also be processed. These payment may not necessarily come in one lump-sum payment, or on the same day either.
5. If my application takes long to finalise will I receive double payment /back payed?
If the applicant qualifies in that month of the application, he/she will be paid for that month, and also be paid for the current month if the applicant still meets the application criteria.
The Payment may not necessarily be a double payment or lump sum payment, or on the same day either. It can be split up over days or weeks.
Some Important Information From Comments
1. I declined for June, reason is ‘self exclusionary respond found’, but I am not working anywhere. Somebody change my cellphone number which I had given at the time of registration. When I checked my status, it says failed.
2. I applied for first time when grant introduced but my application got rejected So I re-applied, early this year, got approved and promised to be back paid for five months. I only get paid amount of R700 for one month. Then the new system of applying was implemented. I applied online and approved, suppose to get paid in June. Like everyone, nothing was showing in my bank account.
3. I have been declined for 4 months from December to March. I have been approved and pay day is out but I did not receive any money from those months and I have been declined again for June. I want to know about, what happened to that money.
4. I have been waiting on my reconsideration SRD application since August, September, October and November of 2021. It shows pending and I have emailed SASSA regarding my reconsideration. For December 2021,January, February, March 2022, it was approved and paid out to me. But April 2022, is still in pending. Since the other months indicated on payment why I am still waiting on the reconsideration to be paid out. As the reply on my emails said, it was approved for 2021 as mentioned above for reconsideration why the payout taking almost a year.
5. I have been declined because I am UIF registered. I worked in Woolworths for a 1 month contract casual job. I have not made any contributions to UIF. I am unemployed from 14th January 2020 to current. How can I be helped to receive the Covid Relief Fund? I have sent emails but have not received any response as yet.
I have the following pay dates 4th June 2022, August 2021, September 2021, October 2021 and November 2021. When I went to Shoprite it shows, I am not registered at PNP it shows, I am declined. When I tried to log onto the page, It doesn’t open.
It’s regrettable that the management of SASSA, have decided to force distressed South Africans to reapply for the same grant which has been extended a number of times. This decision was ill conceived without due regard to application processing costs to both government and distressed South Africans. Departmental costs are activity driven, they should have used the same existing data files and updated them. Your system is cumbersome and to date, it is not working three days before month end let alone an official statement with regard to the new procedures.
Most of the commenters commented that, their application status is showing declined because of Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF)/ Source of Income and Pending.