Organization : Vaal University of Technology
Facility Name : VUT Autumn 2021 Graduation Ceremonies & Certificate Collection
Head Quarters : Vanderbijlpark
Website : https://www.vut.ac.za/graduations/
VUT Graduation Ceremonies & Certificate Collection
On behalf of the Vaal University of Technology Management we congratulate you, on the successful completion of your studies!
To safeguard the health of graduates, family members and employees, the University management resolved that VUT Autumn 2021 Graduation Ceremonies be hosted virtually. Virtual graduation ceremonies will be broadcasted from Monday, 07 June 2021 on our website and all our digital platforms.
This communication is to guide graduates on the collection process of certificates and arrangements for photography services. All autumn 2021 graduates will receive their certificates as per below guidelines
1. Qualifications/Certificates for all students (pending financial clearance) will be issued at the Vanderbijlpark Campus, VUT Isak Steyl Stadium (VIP Lounge). The graduates shall then collect their certificates from the allocated venue on specified dates only.
** Pick up will commence from Monday, 07 June 2021, 08:00am to 14:30pm. Please see allocated dates below
** Certificates will not be issued without a valid identification document (Student card/ID/passport). For third-party collections valid identification document (ID/passport) of graduate and the individual collecting the certificate, as well as signed written consent from the graduate.
** Courier service – graduates who are unable to collect from the campus should arrange with their courier service and forward their student number and current residential/business address to email addresses below
Arrangements Photography Services & Academic Regalia
Students will be afforded an opportunity to take photographs with only 2 family members on the allocated day for their faculty. Gordon Harris Photographic is the only authorised service provider permitted to operate for the duration of the allocated dates.
Dippenaar & Reinecke is the only authorised service provider permitted to operate for the duration of the allocated dates for the hiring of Academic Regalia.
Graduation Information :
To ensure the hiring of your graduation attire goes smoothly, please carefully follow the steps below;
Step 1 : Pay Hiring Fee only via EFT in advance.See pricing & bank details on page 2.
Step 2 : Print Proof of Payment.
Step 3 : Fill in and print Hiring Form.Page 3 of this document.
Step 4 : Bring completed Hiring Form and Proof of Payment to your graduation ceremony.
Step 5 : Pay hiring deposit in CASH at the ceremony. See Hiring Prices below.
Graduation Guide :
1. You must be dressed in your own gown with hood draped over your left arm. A member of the
University personnel will signal when you should proceed to the stage.
2. You will hand your qualification card, kept in your right hand, to the Executive Dean of the relevant faculty, who will present you to the audience.
3. Proceed to the Vice-Chancellor, who will be seated in the middle of the stage.
3.1 If you are being awarded a Diploma: Turn and face the Vice-Chancellor for congratulation and handshake.
3.2 If you are being awarded a Degree: Turn to the Vice-Chancellor, kneel on the bench and bend your head towards the Vice- Chancellor.
4. Proceed to the Registrar, who will be standing on the left-hand side of the stage. Turning with your left shoulder, present the hood draped on your left arm to the Registrar and turn to face the audience. You will now be hooded by the Registrar.
The placing of the hood around your neck is official confirmation that your qualification has been conferred. Leave the stage on the left-hand side and receive your certificate in front of the stage. Proceed to your seat.