Organization : Gauteng Department of Education
Facility Name : GDE Placement Period FAQ 2022
Applicable For : Grade 1 & Grade 8
Placement Period : 15/10/2021 to 30/11/2021
GDE Admission Portal : https://www.gdeadmissions.gov.za/faqs/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
FAQ On GDE Placement Period
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) On GDE Placement Period
Related / Similar Post : Apply For GDE Gauteng Public School 2023 Admission Online
1. How long will it take to get a response on the progress of my application?
The Placement Period will commence on. You should therefore expect to receive an offer of placement between 15 October 2021 and 30 November 2022 (Phase 1) and 15 November 2021 to 15 December 2021
2. Can the applicant delete a confirmed offer of placement in one school to accept another offer in another school?
** No. An offer of placement “Accepted as Final” cannot be deleted.
** Parents may withdraw applications only if they have accepted placement at an independent /school or a school in another province
3. How many days does an applicant have to respond to an offer of placement?
Applicants need to accept an offer of placement within 7 school days after receiving an offer of placement.
4. What will happen if I do not accept any offer within 7 days?
** The offer of placement will be revoked if it is not accepted within 7 days
** If offers are made by other schools that the parent applied to, the parent will be able to accept another offer
** If that is the only available offer, the learner will be auto-placed at the school that made the offer
5. Will a parent be able to cancel an accepted offer of placement in one school to accept another offer from a different school?
Yes. Parents may wait to accept another offer even after accepting the first offer of placement.
However, if a second offer of placement is accepted, the first offer will no longer be available. The learner will be placed at the school that made the last offer accepted by the parent.
6. What will happen if the school/s I applied to are full?
You will receive an offer of placement from another school with available space
7. Will applicants who have applied and submitted only some documents or have not submitted any documents at school be allowed to submit?
Parents who have not submitted documents will be notified of a date to submit within 7 days
8. What will happen if my application is unsuccessful at all the schools I have applied to?
The District will facilitate placement in a school where there is space available
9. What will happen if the schools that I have applied for are full?
The District will facilitate placement in a school where there is space available
10. Does the Online Application guarantee placement of the child at a school?
** No. Placement is dependent on availability of space at the school
** Placement is based on applicants meeting admission criteria and the capacity of the Grade to admit
** Home address will get priority and if there is still space available the school will place using the other criteria
11. Will I be informed if the school does not take my child?
Schools inform successful parents and if a parent does not get any notification the parents can go to the district to find out
12. I cannot find the name of the school where my child is currently attending Grade R or 7 on the list when I apply to Grade 8
Select the school nearest to the school where your child is currently attending Grade R or 7 or nearest to your Home Address
FAQ On Decentralised Venues
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) On Decentralised Venues
1. Are there Decentralised walk-in centres where parents can be assisted?
Yes. each District will have one or more decentralised venues in the district. Schools will also be used where parents can go to be assisted
2. How will queues be managed at Decentralised venues/walk in centres during COVID-19?
Queues are managed in line with COVID -19 protocols to avoid the spread of the Coronavirus. Parents must wear masks, maintain social Distancing and leave children at home
FAQ On Objections & Appeals
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) On Objections & Appeals
1. What do I do if I am not satisfied with the school where my child is placed?
** Parents may lodge an Objection only if the child is placed at a school that the parent has not applied to
** An Objection must be lodged within 7 days of receiving notification of placement of a child
** The Objection Form will be available Online on the System during the Placement Period
** An Objection does not guarantee placement at the school requested by the parent
** The response to the Objection will be provided online – on the System
2. What can I do if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the Objection?
** The parent may lodge an Appeal within 7 days of receiving the outcome of the Objection by completing an Appeal Form
** The Appeal Form will be available Online during the Placement Period
3. What can I do if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the Appeal?
The Appeal Outcome is final
Some Important Information From Comments
Errors / Problems:
1. This system is not working at all. We are just wasting data for hours trying to register for a child but its not going. Its been months, I am trying to register for a grade 1 child. This is so frustrating. Sometimes says registration closed will be open in August, then coming in August, there is nothing.
2. I applied for my son for a grade 8 but still no response. I am worried because everyone I applied with, their children were placed at schools and its only a few days left before phase 1 applications close. Please help. Its saying application is being processed. I am getting worried.
3. I have a problem with my credential, the system is always telling me that, my ID or password is wrong. When trying to change it, the system is failing to send me OTP number, I was trying to accept the placement of my daughter
Most of the commenters commented that, they are struggling to register their child. GDE admission system is not working.
Functions of Gauteng Department of Education
The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) is responsible for the administration and management of public schools and education-related services in the Gauteng province of South Africa. Some of the key functions of the GDE include:
School governance and management:
The GDE oversees the governance and management of public schools in Gauteng, including the appointment of school principals and governing bodies, implementation of school policies, and monitoring of school performance.
Curriculum development and implementation:
The GDE is responsible for the development and implementation of the curriculum in public schools, including setting syllabi, developing assessment materials, and monitoring curriculum delivery.
Teacher development and support:
The GDE provides professional development opportunities, training, and support to teachers to improve their skills, knowledge, and pedagogical practices. This includes initiatives to enhance teacher quality, promote effective teaching and learning strategies, and support professional growth.
Additional Generic Procedure
The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) has a system in place for online applications for Grade 1 and Grade 8 placement.
Here are the steps on how to do it:
1. Go to the GDE website.
2. Click on the “Online Admissions” tab.
3. Click on the “Grade 1 and 8 Placement” link.
4. Create an account and login to the system.
5. Enter your personal information, such as your name, surname, ID number, and contact details.
6. Select the school you want your child to be placed in.
7. Submit your application.
You will receive an SMS notification confirming your application. You will also be able to track the status of your application online.
Here are some additional tips for applying for GDE placement online:
** Make sure you have all the required documents before you start the application process.
** Read the instructions carefully before you start filling out the application form.
** Make sure you enter your personal information correctly.
** Keep a copy of your application for your records.
If you have any questions about applying for GDE placement online, you can contact GDE customer service. The application fee for GDE placement is ZAR 100. You can pay the application fee online using a credit card or debit card.
The processing time for GDE placement is typically 2 weeks. However, it may take longer during peak application periods. You can check the GDE website for the latest information on processing times. Once your application has been processed, you will be notified of the status of your application. If your application is approved, you will be offered a place at the school you selected.