1. Home
  2. /
  3. Election
  4. /
  5. elections.org.za IEC SMS Services...
All posts from

elections.org.za IEC SMS Services : Electoral Commission

Organisation : Electoral Commission of South Africa
Facility Name : SMS Services
Head Office : Centurion
Website : https://www.elections.org.za/pw/voter/voter-information

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

IEC SMS Services

Using our online voter services ensures you are registered in the correct place and can vote in the next election.

Related / Similar Service : IEC Observer Online Application

Sponsored Links:

Check ID Number Via SMS

You can Check your ID Number by using our SMS service? SMS your ID Number to any of the below numbers (R1.00 per SMS)

Registration status – 32810
My ward councillor – 32245
Special vote application status – 32711


1. What is the relationship between a Voting District and the Voters’ Roll?
Although all voters are registered on a single National Common Voters’ Roll, each voting station receives only the section of the national voters’ roll for that particular voting district.

The voters on one segment of the roll will not appear on any other segment anywhere else in the country.

2. How do I lodge an objection to the voters’ roll?
Please go to your Municipal Electoral Office during office hours and tell the Municipal Electoral Officer you would like to lodge an objection. They will give you a form to complete and explain the objections process.

3. When can I lodge an objection or appeal a decision?
You can lodge an objection or appeal a decision at any time up until the voters’ roll closes, which is at 5pm on the day that the President proclaims the election date.

4. When will I know the outcome of my objection or appeal?
A final decision will be made within 14 days of your objection or appeal.

5. Will election day be a public holiday?
This decision is made by The President in consultation with the Minister of Home Affairs, not by the IEC. However, if election day is a public holiday, the election timetable will say so.

6. Can I vote with my temporary registration certificate (TRC)?
No, you can only vote with your South African, green, bar-coded ID, smartcard ID or a valid Temporary Identity Certificate (TIC). You can apply for a green, bar-coded ID, smartcard ID or a valid Temporary Identity Certificate (TIC) from the Department of Home Affairs.

7. Can I vote if my new ID book has not arrived yet?
Yes, you can vote if you have a Temporary Identity Certificate (TIC) that is valid on Election Day. You can apply for a TIC at the Department of Home Affairs. Please remember, you will only be able to vote if you are a registered voter.

8. Are political parties publicly funded?
Yes, we manage the Represented Political Parties’ Fund, which provides funding for political parties participating in Parliament and provincial legislatures. Only parties represented in Parliament and provincial legislatures are eligible for public funding. For more details, please see political party funding.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

South Africa Jobs, Scholarship, Contest, Admit Card, Exam © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap