1. Home
  2. /
  3. Facilities
  4. /
  5. HPCSA Certificate of Status...
All posts from

HPCSA Certificate of Status to Registered Practitioners

Organisation : HPCSA
Facility Name : Apply for Certificate of Status
Applicable For : Registered Practitioners
Website : https://hpcsaonline.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/99

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

How To Apply For HPCSA Certificate of Status?

** In terms of section 23 of the Health Professions Act, 1974 (Act No. 56 of 1974) the Registrar may only issue an HPCSA Certificate of Status to registered practitioners and those that are voluntarily erased from the register.

Related / Similar Facility : HPCSA Lodge a Complaint

** Certificate of Status will be issued to a Practitioner after submission of an affidavit that no criminal or unprofessional conduct proceedings are pending against him/her.
** The practitioner sends a written request to hpcsacgs AT hpcsa.co.za with proof of payment and full details of where the certificate should be sent/posted or delivered to.
** To have certificate delivered by courier the following fee is payable for delivery in SA – R130.00 and for any overseas delivery R600.00 including vat, (delivery time approximately 7-10 days overseas).
** The certificate can also be send electronically as per understanding between certain authorities, GMC included.
** if no courier fee is paid the certificate will be sent by normal registered mail at no extra cost.
** Please provide postal/physical address for postage purposes.
** If a practitioners name was voluntary erased a certificate letter of good standing would be issued.

Sponsored Links:

Please Note The Following:
** Practitioners are advised that Certificates of Status (COS) will be issued within 10 working days from date of request provided that payment is reflecting on the HPCSA account.
** If you are visiting the HPCSA to request a Certificate of Good Standing/Status, your request will only be finalised once we have received clearance from our legal department, therefore no certificate will be issued on the same day of submission of request.
** The Departments of Legal Services and Registrations will however strive to issue the certificates as quickly as possible.

How Can I Pay My Fees?

** Council urges Practitioners to use the Online Portal to pay their Annual Fee.
** Council launched an Online Renewal Portal in March 2017 to enable practitioners to renew annual fees online.
** We urge practitioners to use the Online Renewals Portal. Should you encounter challenges using the portal please contact the Call Centre on 012 338 9300/1 or email them the screenshot of the error message on info AT hpcsa.co.za.
** Once you have gone through the renewal process online, including making the appropriate payment, you will be able to view and/or print an electronic “QR coded” proof of payment of current annual fee renewal for 2020/21.
** This is official HPCSA proof that a practitioner is up to date with their annual fee payments.

How Do I Get Exempted From Paying My Fees?

A health professional may be exempted from payment of the annual fee if he /she turns 71 before 31 March of the year. If he /she only turns 71 on 1 April or thereafter, he/she will be exempted from paying the annual fee from the following financial year. If no ID number or copy of the ID document is on file, the health professional has to submit a copy thereof with the request to be exempted.

The following registers are exceptions and may apply for exemption if they turn 66 before 1 April according to the same principle as above:
** Environmental Health Practitioners
** Medical Technologists,
** Medical Technicians,
** Radiographers,
** Supplementary Diagnostic Radiographers
** Dietitians,
** Nutritionists.

How Do I Register For Independent Practice?

** The application may be emailed OR faxed to the HPCSA;
** Combined Form 27 Com Serve duly completed the applicant and the clinical manager / Medical Superintendent bearing the official stamp of the institution;
** Otherwise Form 23 and copy of report of completed Community Service signed by Clinical Manager / Medical Superintendent indicating the exact dates of community service and bearing the official stamp of the institution.
** No registration fee required, only an annual fee must be paid and such annual fee is published on the website.

What Are The Requirements For Registration As An Intern Psychologist?
Requirements for Registration as an Intern Psychologist (PSIN):
** An original Honours Bachelor’s degree certificate (a copy will only be accepted if certified by an attorney in his/her capacity as Notary Public and bearing the official stamp.) Copies certified by a Commissioner of Oaths will not be accepted.
** An official letter from the University confirming that the applicant has successfully passed an examination at the end of the first year of his/her Masters study confirming the category (i.e. Counselling of the recognised directed Masters degree course for which the student enrolled, confirmed by the Head of Department of Psychology and Registrar Academic).
** A copy of the Masters degree certificate (where applicable certified as in 1 above) or Form 23, duly completed.
** An original academic record issued by the University where the applicants degree was obtained (if Psychology is not indicated as the field of study on the original degree certificate/Form 23).
** The prescribed registration fees as published on the website.
** A clear copy of identity document.
** A copy of the applicant’s marriage certificate (should the applicant wish to register in her married surname).
** A copy of the certificate as a student with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
** A detailed internship programme compiled according to a time schedule (weekly basis) indicating the percentage of time allocated towards each activity, the client spectrum as well as the different psychological tests which will be used in the case of a training institution not being accredited by the Professional Board for training of intern psychologists.
** A letter from the supervising senior psychologist, registered in the same category, wherein it is confirmed that he/she would be willing to act as a supervisor for the duration of the internship.
** A letter from the training institution consenting to accommodate the candidate as intern for the duration of the internship.
** A letter from the supervisor of the Department of Psychology of the University agreeing to act as such for the duration of the internship.

NB: Please note that these letters serve to safeguard the position of the intern psychologist and also ensure that the minimum training criteria is being met.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

South Africa Jobs, Scholarship, Contest, Admit Card, Exam © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap