Organization : South African Social Security Agency (SASSA)
Scheme Name : COVID-19 SRD R350 Grant
Facility Name : Change Your Contact Details (Cellphone Number & Email)
Applicable For : Applicants who wants to change contact details
Country : South Africa
Website : https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant?
The SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is meant for South African Citizens, Refugees, Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders who are between the ages of 18 and 60 years, who have insufficient means, who do not receive social grants on behalf of herself/ himself or who are not contributing to or eligible for UIF payment, and have no financial support from any other source.
Related / Similar Facility :
How To Change COVID-19 SRD R350 Grant Contact Details?
If you want to update your cellphone number and/or email address that is used for communication and web application access related to your COVID-19 SRD R350 grant, we firstly need to verify that you are the original applicant.Please submit your 13 digit South African identity number and the 6 digit Application ID (AppID) that SASSA issued to you on application or reapplication.
Step-1 : Go to the link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/contact
Step-2 : Enter your ID Number and Applicant ID
Step-3 : Click on Submit button
Note that you can only submit one request to update your contact details in a 24 hour period.
FAQ On Special Covid R350 Grant
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) On Special Covid R350 Grant
1. How do I apply?
** Website address: srd.sassa.gov.za/
** WhatsApp line: 082 046 8553
** SASSA Chatbot: sassa.gov.za
2. Will the application be accepted if I do not agree to the terms and conditions on the Declaration & Consent document?
If consent is not granted, the application will not be submitted to SASSA.
3. Will the application be accepted if I do not indicate that I have read the You and my Covid 19 grant document?
The application will not be submitted if the client does not indicate that, he/she has read and understood the You and my Covid 19 grant document
4. Can I use somebody else’s phone number or bank account?
Applicants to note that the bank account or the cellular phone number provided for payment MUST be registered in the name
5. How will I know if my payment is ready for collection?
The application and payment status can be viewed on the SRD website .It is very important for every applicant to provide the correct mobile number through which he/she can be contacted, as all communication with applicants will be through SMS notifications
6. I cancelled my application because I received a temporary job but now it is finished. Can I re-apply?
Clients who previously cancelled the grant, and who would like to re-activate the grant, due to a change in their circumstances are welcome to re-apply.
7. What do I do if my application is declined?
** The declined application will only be reconsidered upon a request from the client
** An application has to be lodged on the website within 30 days of the outcome being available.
** To change Mobile number Client must contact SASSA Toll Free Call centre on: 0800 60 10 11
** If further clarity is required, Please contact: SASSA Toll Free Call centre on: 0800 60 10 11 OR Send an email to: Grantsenquiries AT sassa.gov.za
Some Important Information From Comment
1. My application was activated with my Capitec account and all in toll free number. I negotiated and told that all this details I updated for my SRD application was changed in this current month and I should access the SASSA websites to correct the application as an applicant my identity and the information is differ of application so, this nothing can they do for me and I must do it for myself so my cell phone account was in data charges with no ability to make changes in my own as my contacts received OTP seems the number that a help to of my sibling connected to verify the application and I seek help to find secured application with no unknown changes.