Organisation : Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC)
Facility Name : Confirmation Letter of Your Driving Licence
Country : South Africa
Website : https://www.rtmc.co.za/index.php/faq-s
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is RTMC Confirmation Letter?
Applicants outside the borders of South Africa who’s Driving Licence Cards have expired, were lost or stolen and who are not in a position to return to South Africa to have the licence renewed.
Related / Similar Facility : RTMC Provisional Learners Licence
The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC), a corporation of the Department of Transport, is in a position to issue a confirmation letter should such an applicant have a valid licence. This is established by verifying the applicant’s South African identification number on the National Traffic Information System. The letter will serve as proof that the applicant has a valid licence and this will enable them to convert to a foreign driving licence in the country of current residence.
That the confirmation letter cannot be interpreted as a driving licence when produced to a law enforcement official. The United Kingdom will not convert your driving licence to a UK one if your driving licence card has expired.
How To Request RTMC Confirmation Letter?
1. Request the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) via email (dlconfirmations [at] rtmc.co.za) for a printout and Confirmation Letter of your driving licence. Your request must include your contact numbers (including email address), a copy of your ID, or a copy of your driving licence. Please remember to include the name of the country that you will be using the driving licence confirmation letter in.
2. The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) will upon request, investigate, print a copy of the licence required and a Letter of Confirmation of the licence. This letter reflects the date that the licence was first issued.
3. Kindly note that the person collecting the letter must provide acceptable identification and may also arrange for a courier to collect.
RTMC Conversion of Drivers License
Can you convert a military license to a civilian license after retirement or resignation from SANDF?
The matter of recognizing the military driver’s license is dealt with in the National Road Traffic Act, 1996 and the Regulations thereunder. As a consequence, The Road Traffic Management Corporation is not in a position to depart from the legislative or policy prescripts set by the Department of Transport.
Can I still convert an expired driver’s license contained in an identity document to a civilian license?
If you failed to convert a driver’s license contained in an identity document during the conversion period, then your license ceases to exist.
Location and Contacts/ Confirmation letters are facilitated at:
Address: RTMC-NaTIS Facility, 13 Howick Close, Waterfall Park, Bekker Road, Midrand, 1685
Telephone: +27 (11) 266 2169/2105
Fax: +28 (86) 415 9120
E-mail: ctc [at] rtmc.co.za
Additional Simplified Procedure
To request an RTMC Confirmation Letter, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the RTMC website: https://www.rtmc.co.za/
2. Click on the “Contact Us” tab.
3. Scroll down to the “Confirmation Letters” section.
4. Click on the “Request a Confirmation Letter” link.
5. Fill out the online application form.
6. Attach a copy of your driver’s licence or ID card.
7. Click on the “Submit” button.
The RTMC will process your request and issue a confirmation letter within 10 working days.
Here are the documents you need to request an RTMC Confirmation Letter:
** A copy of your driver’s licence or ID card.
** Your contact details, including your email address.
** The name of the country that you will be using the confirmation letter in.
The RTMC Confirmation Letter will serve as proof that you have a valid driver’s licence. This letter can be used to convert your driver’s licence to a foreign driver’s licence in the country of your residence.
Here are some additional tips for requesting an RTMC Confirmation Letter:
** Make sure that you have all of the required documents before you start the application process.
** Carefully fill out the online application form.
** Make sure that you attach a clear scan of your driver’s licence or ID card.
** Check the status of your application regularly.