Name of the Organization : University of Cape Town
Status of Facility : Check Your Application Status
Head Office : Cape Town
Website : http://www.students.uct.ac.za/students/applications/apply/undergraduates/check-status
UCT Check Your Application Status
Check your application status using your log-in details :
Please note :
** All marks for January exams are provisional until approved by the Faculty Examination Committees
i. Protect Your Password. Do not divulge your password to anyone.
Related / Similar Facility : UKZN Application Status
** Do not leave a PC unattended if you are logged in.
** You and only you will bear the consequences if there is damage or loss arising from abuse of your User ID and Password.
ii. Special pricing on laptops.
iii. PeopleSoft no longer requires Internet Explorer (IE) users to run in Compatibility view.
** If you are using IE 10 or greater please ensure you turn off the IE Compatibility View mode.
How to disable Compatibility view in IE :
** Press Alt+T
** Click on the “Compatibility View Settings”
** Unselect “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View”
** Click “Close”
Check Status Steps
Enter User ID in UPPER CASE
Enter User ID
Click Sign in Button to check your status
Forgot Password :
** If you have forgotten your password, follow the prompts to reset your password.
** Enter Username*
** Click Continue button to get your Password.
Before your first login, manage your password : password.uct.ac.za
Postgraduate enquiries: admissions-pg AT uct.ac.za
Undergraduate enquiries: admissions-ug AT uct.ac.za
Student support: sss-helpdesk AT uct.ac.za
Check your application status using your names and date of birth :
Applicant/Student Inquiry Details :
** Enter the Applicant Number/Campus ID OR First Name,
** Select your type of enquiry and click on Go
** Enter Applicant number/
** Enter Campus Id
** Choose tyoe of enquiry
** Enter First Name
** Enter Last Name
** Choose a date
** Enter Date of Birth
** Click on Go button to get your status.
Self Service for Students
1. Important : Changing your password
** The password assigned to you initially as an applicant to UCT is a temporary password.
** It will only allow a total of five logins to UCT systems.
** You MUST change your password and maintain it yourself.
** Assistance is not provided for lost initial passwords
** Instructions regarding password changing, and setting up your own lost password helps are available at .icts.uct.ac.za/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1572
2. Error Messages when Attempting to Access PeopleSoft :
** You may receive an error message when you attempt to log in to PeopleSoft.
This is usually for one of four reasons :
1. You have used an incorrect user ID and/or password (you must use your UCT main campus network user ID and password. This is not the same as a GSB user ID and password)
2. You do not yet have a PeopleSoft self service user account.
3. Your PeopleSoft self service user account has been locked. This is typically related to your not being a current applicant or registered student, or your fee account being in arrears, but there are other reasons for an account being locked
4. There is a technical problem, either with the UCT network, or the PeopleSoft system