|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organization : University of Pretoria
Competition Name : Bestmed TuksRace
Applicable For : SA Citizen
Competition Deadline : Saturday 17 February 2017
Prize: Bestmed T-shirt!
Event Place : UP Sports Campus
Event Date : Saturday 18 February 2017
Website : http://www.up.ac.za/en/calendar/event-info/2405592/bestmed-tuksrace
Entry Guideline : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/5842-tuks-race-2017.pdf
Entry Form : https://www.southafricain.com/uploads/5842-tuks-race-form.pdf
Bestmed TuksRace :
** Bring the whole family and join us for a fun-filled day of food, music and prizes! Kids will enjoy our exciting kiddies area while parents can follow live screenings of the race and get free biometric screenings done by Bestmed on the day. Not to mention the amazing lucky draw prizes that are up for grabs!
Related : Southern Cape Golf Union Sanlam Cape Province Open 2017 : www.southafricain.com/5808.html
** Participants can choose between the 1km, 5km, 10km or 21,1km events. Everyone who finishes the race will receive a Bestmed T-shirt!
** Pre-entries will be at all stores mentioned below until 17 February 2017, as well as at the HPC (Burnett Street entrance to the UP Sports Campus) on the 16th and 17th of February 2017 from 17:00 until 19:00.
** Run-a-way Sports, 302 Freesia Street, Lynnwood Ridge, Tel: (012) 361 3733 until 16 Febuary 2017
** Running Inn, 63 George Storrar Drive, Groenkloof Tel: (012) 362 7322
** The Runners Store, The Tramshed Centre Tel: (012) 320 0055
** The Sweat Shop, Dunkeld, Tel: (011) 325 2567 until 16 February 2017
** The Sweat Shop, Fourways, Tel: (011) 467 5966 until 16 February 2017
** The Sweat Shop, Centurion, Tel: (012) 665 0048 until 16 February 2017 .entrytime.com or .just-events.co.za
** Online entries until 14 February 2017 at 24:00
** Online entries can be collected at the HPC (Burnett
** Street entrance to the UP Sports Campus) on 17 February 2017 from 17:00 until 19:00 and from 04:30 to 05:50 on race day.
** Tuks Athletic office, entries between 17:00 – 19:00 on 16 and 17 February 2017.
General Information :
1. Tuks athletes are requested to assist on race day.
2. Entries will be taken from 04:30 to 05:50 on race day for 10, 5 and 1 km as well as the wheelchair athletes.
3. Watering points located approximately every 3 km with Coke, water and entertainment.
4. Cut-off time is 3 hours for 10, 21.1 and 1 km races.
5. Only the 10 km race is wheelchair friendly.
6. Refreshments willl be available on sale. No gas braaiing permitted.
7. No unauthorised selling of goods will be allowed on the University grounds. Arrangements can be made with Prof GM Spies 082 821 6952.
8. Race results will be available on the internet at .raceresults.co.za
9. Tog bag facilities: Tents will be erected on the afternoon of Friday 17 February 2017 at designated areas.
10. Walkers must wear their “W” tags to be eligible for the prize.
11. Distance markers at every 1 km.
1. The race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN and IAAF.
2. All participants must wear two valid 2017 license numbers or temporary numbers (front and back) during the race.
3. All athletes participate at their own risk and by their entry, they indemnify the organisers, province and sponsors of any liability or claims.
4. Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times.
5. No seconding will be permitted.
6. Proof of age may be requested from category winners.
7. Minimum age on race day is 14 years for the 10 km and 16 years for the 21.1 km.
8. Junior category winners must provide proof of age to qualify for prizes (ID or other valid documentation).
9. Foreign athletes must observe IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2.
10. Ambulance Services and medical personnel will be on standby during the race.
11. Age category identification tags to be worn on the front and back of the running/walking vest to be eligible for prizes.
12. No iPods or listening devices allowed.