Name of the Organization : Department Of Basic Education
Type of Facility : National Senior Certificate Online Re-Mark/Re-Check Application
Applicable For : Eastern Cape, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal and later to the rest of the provinces.
Head Office : Pretoria
Application Closing Date : 19 January 2018
Website : https://www.education.gov.za/NSCeRemark.aspx
DBE Request A Re-Mark Or Re-Check Application
** The Department of Basic Education (DBE) will, from the 5 January 2018, be providing an online service for the National Senior Certificate (NSC) candidates to request a re-mark or re-check of an examination script for a specific period after the results have been published.
Related : Department Of Basic Enrolling your Child in a Public or Independent school : www.southafricain.com/4653.html
** This new online service will support the current manual process in order to enhance DBE service delivery to candidates.
** The service will be piloted in 2018 only in Eastern Cape, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal and later to the rest of the provinces.
Access & Registration Process
** In order to request for a re-mark or re-check service, candidates must first register on the e-Gov portal at .eservices.gov.za to create a personal account.
** This account will allow the candidate to login using their password and usernames to access the service. Candidates who have already made use of the online e-Registration do not have to create a new personal account, but they should use the same account to access the e-Gov portal.
** Information also appears on the reverse side of the Statement of Results. Open period for registration is from 5 January 2018 to 19 January 2018.
The following support options are available to provide assistance to the candidates :
** An “Online Help” is available to guide candidates on how to request a service using the system;
** An e-Gov Support Helpdesk for application assistance; and
** “Contact Us” when candidates require DBE assistance.
The Complete Process
1. Open the e-Gov Portal using your browser to your access eservices.co.za
2. If not already registered register using your ID and personal information. Also Enter the one time pin (OTP) to complete the registeration
3. Login using your username & password created when resigning.
4. Select the e Re-Mark/Re-Check service form the available services
5. Use the received One Time Pin (OTP) to confirm access to the re-mark/re-check service
6. Request a re-mark/re-check for the selected subjects
7. Accept the declaration by conforming the captured information as correct
8. Receive Communication on the status of the request via e-Mail
9. Receive/Print result letter.