Organization Name : SASSA South African Social Security Agency
Facility Name : Covid-19 SRD Change Your Banking Details
Applicable For : Individuals who are currently unemployed
Website : https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Change SRD SASSA Banking Details?
Please follow the below steps to change SRD SASSA (Social Relief of Distress Grant) banking details.
Related / Similar Facility :
** If you are an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant and you wish to change your banking details, please submit your ID Number below. An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during application.
** Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
** Should you select payment into a bank account, please ensure that you are the owner of the account. SASSA cannot pay your SRD grant into another person’s bank account.
** Should you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA cannot pay your grant into a mobile phone number which is registered to another person.
** Please also note that the new banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.
FAQ On SASSA
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On SASSA SRD (Social Relief of Distress Grant)
1. What is the meaning of Pending status?
The application is in progress, when verification is completed, the applicant will receive a SMS notification of the outcome. Only those with status Approved will receive the SMS notification with a website link to submit bank details or to select a bank for cash transfer if unbanked.
2. If I applied in May 2020 and get approved, will I receive double payment in June 2020?
The Payment for May will be paid, and the application will be re-validated in June, and if the applicant still meets the criteria, the June payment will also be processed. These payment may not necessarily come in one lump-sum payment, or on the same day either.
3. Can I use another person’s account if I do not have a bank account neither a cell Phone?
Where an applicant does not have a bank account, he/she must indicate from the drop down list the nearest bank through which they want to be paid. Money will therefore be paid into the applicant’s cellphone number.
Where an applicant does not have a bank account and does not have a cell phone registered in his/her name, the payment will be made through the post office.
Terms & Conditions of SASSA Covid-19 SRD Grant
Followings are the terms and conditions of SASSA Covid-19 SRD grant.
** Applications for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant are only electronic. Do not visit SASSA offices to apply for this grant. If you need assistance to apply, SASSA staff & volunteers can assist.
** No paper based applications will be accepted.
** Payment will be effected through a channel of your choice.
** Citizens without bank accounts can also apply. In this case payment will be effected through a money transfer, once all the necessary validations have been completed.
** Once applications are approved, SASSA will request confirmation of bank account through a secure site – this will also be done electronically.
** Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
Some Important Information From Comments
1. There is something fishy about this R350 grant, I was approved for June with the the pay day. On the 30th of June, I got the notification of R350 from SASSA but when I went to withdraw, the money was not there. I drew the statement to my surprise that R350 didn’t even appear on my statement. I asked for help at the bank, they check for me only to find that the R350 was reversed by SASSA.
2. If you haven’t collected your money at the post office since last year, Let’s say you didn’t have an ID by that time and now your ID is out. As we all know that the post office is no longer working for SASSA, is there any link where you can change your R350 to get collected in those stores where the money is being collected now, cause sometimes they are telling us that we don’t appear in their system.
3. The site to update banking details is inactive, many people want to correct their mistakes by submitting incorrect banking details yet unable to. Many articles about changing details yet not one will allow us to update the details. The Toll Free number cuts off all calls pertaining to the Covid-19 grants so how can we update our banking details if the sites are not allowing nor is anyone answering our calls?
Error / Problem:
I want to change my banking details for SRD but every time I go in by the app it says, I have already tried to change my banking details in past 24 hours but I can’t even get into the app to change my details. Can you please assist me on getting the money by Pick n Pay
Most of the commenters commented that, they want to their SRD SASSA banking details
How To Solve Problem With Change Of Srd Banking Details?
You can contact SASSA through their helpline or visit your nearest SASSA office to request a change in your banking details. Make sure to have your SASSA SRD reference number and identification documents with you for verification.
Additional Generic Procedure
Here are the steps on how to change your SRD SASSA banking details:
1) Go to the SASSA SRD website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
2) Scroll down to the “How do I change my banking details” section.
3) Enter your ID number.
4) An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile phone number with a link to change your banking details.
5) Click on the link in the SMS.
6) Enter your new banking details.
7) Click on the “Submit” button.
SASSA will verify your new banking details and will update your account within 10 working days.
Here are some things to keep in mind when changing your SRD SASSA banking details:
1) You can only change your banking details once every 6 months.
2) You can only change your banking details to a bank account that is in your name.
3) You will need to provide SASSA with proof of your new banking details, such as a bank statement or a letter from your bank.